34" Catfish Law Article-Idiot Borchert Again

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by price, Mar 26, 2007.

1. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Here is my THIRD post on this issue. Here is the LINK http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007703220417

The article is about the idiot Willie Borchert and his old tricks again. Please call and email all Gov't officials in TN about this issue. The law needs to stay as is, and he is the MAIN problem to that happening. Jim Duckworth also has his opinion on the issue, along with Bill Dance. And many others are strong supporters of the current law. Make our voice heard on this issue.

2. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    we all need to get together and visit that idiot.

3. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Sounds like that ole boy might have deep pockets.

4. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    I sent my response to the House committee, my Representative and Senator. This is a load of you know what!!! They want these big fish to sell live, cause im guessing you could get some big money. I'll let you know if I get any replies.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep, idiot. commercial fishing can destroy areas in rivers rich in catfish. there are laws to protect bass and most all other fish. catfish need to be protected as well. taking several large catfish day after day wont hurt hugh? just like our forefathers that said "dumping all these chemicals into rivers wont hurt nothing" its to late when ya figure out the concequences.

6. buckie02

buckie02 Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am new to TN. I hope they keep the limit for big fish. They would if it was for bass fishermen.

7. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    250 commercial licenses sold in TN each year? so out of the tens of thousands of people he represents he is doing this for no more that 250 of them?

I'm gonna send him a nasty email.

I think what he should do is shoot for making it easier to become a guide and all these people that are selling these fish out of state could become guides and make tons of money since apparently all the catch is big ones.

8. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    So what do I need to do to voice my opinion this time. Let me know and I will be on it.

9. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If we can get a bunch of us together to go give a talkin to him I am for it. There has to a least a hundred of us who would do this, let's set a time and a place and start getting the word out. I am not real good at all this stuff but I can get the people together.

10. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I am not anywhere near y'all but I would definitely recommend a delegation going for a visit. They will know you are serious when you take the time to assemble and show up in person. I would only say that you need to agree ahead of time not to be offensive or inflammatory when you go. Be diplomatic and polite, stern if need be. Don't give them an excuse to write you off as a bunch of hot headed red necks. Good luck!

11. Big Russ

Big Russ New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This guy`s an a**, These arrogant polititians really piss me off.
    Sounds to me like he`s more concerned with stealing from his constituants than representing them. He says they have to make a living, whos he kidding, only 250 of them commercial licensed fishermen and only the smaller fish are good to eat.How much will it cost the industry when all the reason for the other thousands of fishermen to spend their money (on licenses, tackle, bait, etc.)has been sold off to another state or fished to extiction so a few including this pig can line their pocket.Proper management is absolutly essential when talking about our wildlife so we all can enjoy the sport.Allowing fish and game to be wiped out so a few people in industries can profit is obscene. There are enough fish of edible size for the commercial industry not to mention farm raised fish etc.
    Leave our sport and trophy fish alone.
    I apoligize for the ranting & raving to my bros out there, I`m sure many of you feel the same way I do.
    Like I said, these arrogant,greedy, self-serving, sons-of-&*@!#^ polititians piss me off!
    Russ
    :ah:

12. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    as mentioned in another one of these threads, i contacted almost every media outlet in middle tennessee requesting coverage. I recieved one response back...from the local PBS station....He said if he could do anything to help, He would, but his station does not cover topics like this. :angry:

cyas
    robert

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I personally think that our large Catfish are needed for breeding due to the large amount of eggs laid and successfully hatched and tended by our larger Catfish.This should be the most important factor for us all.I have people telling me that much of the Pay Lake market for huge live Catfish in the South east is being furnished by commercial fishermen from Georgia and South Carolina.Also that it is being sold as "Grouper" to restaurants who serve it as such to their customers.I have been told of the big Santee Cooper Cats being a unbelievable source of revenue for the few set up to catch,transport and sell them.I can not prove it,but I believe it.It may even be perfectly legal.I will even go so far as to say that it may even be beneficial where alien species have been introduced into and are destroying a ecosystem.Still,it should not be done without regard for the law,the future and the benefit of all.I believe that All species in public waters belong to us all,whether we fish for them or not.We should all treat them as such.I have seen so called sport fishermen be just as selfish and destructive as some commercial fishermen.I have known some good honorable commercial fishermen,just as I have Sport fishermen.I have known both that I consider to this day to be the filth and trash of the human species.Always do what you believe is right and you never have to be ashamed.I love you Brothers and Sisters

14. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Texas had impose size limits on flathead catfish.

Subsequent studies led to the repeal of the size limits.

The repeal was due to the fact that fishing had little impact on flathead populations. Habitat was the single controlling cause for flathead and stocked flathead did not significantly increase opportunities to catch flathead catfish.

This was posted/stated by a brother Ohio Flatheaded.

:wink: