33 Days til Youth Season!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by iowacatter, Aug 13, 2006.

1. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well, we got the calender out tonight, and there is only 33 days left before my 12 yr old son, Cody, takes to the feild to try to tag his first ever deer!!

We have been talking about it alot, and he is very excited about it. It's funny because I have almost lost interest in deer hunting the last few yrs,but he has got me excited about it again!

We had to get the guns out and clean them tonight. He was alot of help and asked alot of questions, he talks ALOT when he's excited.:big_smile:

He has a Remington 870 youth, and I bought a Browning Gold Micro in Dura Touch Camo,a couple yrs ago, both are 20 ga. He wants to use the Browning, but we are going to take them out and shoot them both and see which patterns slugs the best. The Browning is a little heavier, but it shouldnt be a factor, as he will be hunting from a blind.

I appologize for rambling:lol: , it's just fun that he is looking forward to learning more about the sport that I had almost quit, and now he has me more excited than MY first time!!! Thanks for listening!!:lol:

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    stan i hope yal get em. maybe he will have some beginners luck and tag a giant. my story is about the same with my son.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Started with my kids and now working on third grandkid out of 8. Long way to go. Enjoy!!!

4. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    good luck with his first hunt ever.....i miss youth season lol

5. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    Sounds like a blast hope y'all tag one. Enjoy time out with the kid somthing he will never forget.

6. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i am thinking about taking my little girl, bobbi lea 11 yrs old, out this year for the youth hunt. she always wants to go with me. i have taken her a few times. she seems to have enjoyed it. i may put her behind the sights this year.

7. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey buddy that is cool that you will be with him to see him get his first deer. i'm going to take this hunter safty course with my 8 year old cousin and she is so stoked.

8. charliep

charliep New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey Stan, I understand the losing interest in hunting thing. If it wasn't for my 10 year old grandson loving to hunt so much I probably wouldn't be hunting any more. He gets so fired up and excited about it, I get fired up just seeing him fired up and excited!!! Good luck and be safe!!!
    charliep

9. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks Guys,
    for the positive responses! I remember 12 yrs ago , when he was born. I wanted to name him Hunter, the wife wouldn't go for it tho:lol:. But I do remember thinking about when he got old enuff to hunt and fish with me, and now the time is close.

We have done some already, but it is just that he is old enuff now to really get into it and enjoy it more. Where did the last 12 yrs go??

One thing is for sure, I am going to enjoy all the time I can with him, in the feild and on the lake, cuz the next 12 will surely go even faster:sad2:. Thanks for listening!