320 gt2, 330 gt2?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Dude, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Dude

Dude New Member

State:
    Virginia
    This is a first time post . I love the site, Gotta ask some questions .........is it better to get the 330gt2 rod or 320gt2 rod, whats the difference?I was in Dick's and the 330 was like $20 cheaper. Thanks for the info

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hey Jay. Why not log onto the penn reel web site. I'm sure it can spell it out for ya. Funny I was just on their site today and beleive me its a winner. LOL!

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Jay, welcome to the B.O.C. I hope you enjoy the site.

4. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Dude, you can't wrong with either one. I just bought a 220gto today, what a reel Penn really builds awesome reels. :)

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome aboard Jay
    The diff. between the 320 and the 330 is the 330 has more line capacity and is 5.5 oz heavier. They are both available in a LD (lever drag model also).There site is pennreels.com

6. Thomas P. Conley

Thomas P. Conley New Member

State:
    Copperas Cove,TX.
    Welcome Jay a.k.a. Dude to the BOC. If you look around enough you can just about find out everything here. What resources and many minds to tap into. Hope you become involved.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a 320 GT2 it's an excellent reel..I am sure it would tame any catfish in the united states!

8. Dude

Dude New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I appreciate the help, quick replies......... the gto reel is ok to use in saltwater correct? How about the gt2 reels, the websights "kinda "specified they could be, yet not sure they should be LoL

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I would think any reel can be used in salt water as long as ya maintain it properly. For example a real good rinse after each trip. I beleive there is a tutorial in the Library for this.

10. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
  11. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Jay! I have a pen 320 lever drag amd it is an awesome reel. I would think the 330 would be over kill. If my 320 ever gets spooled you all will for sure hear about it!

12. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Welcome to the B.O.C. guy! I think the 320gt2 would fit the bill quite nicely. Hope you enjoy your stay. There are alot of good guys here that are willing to answer your questions and help in any way possible. Plus you just might be lucky enough to find a great fishing partner!

13. daniel472001

daniel472001 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use the 320 GT2 reels. They have a lot of cranking power but don't cast as smooth as some of the other reels.

14. shaddaddi

shaddaddi New Member

State:
    smith mountain lake,VA
    Gotta love the lever drags, talk about versatility!

15. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

not completely true....the smaller reels made of magnesium(body/sideplates) are NOT to be used in salt water......the magnesium cant stand up to it....i believe shimano makes a salt safe magnesium reel however..