32.5 pound blue my new record

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by loki1982, Apr 13, 2006.

1. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Last week I put out several jug line in 25 foot of water. Had a total of 30 hook everywhere from 5 foot below surface to 5 foot off the bottom. Caught a 7# blue, and 2 2# blues one day. Next day not a single piece of bait was missing. Moved my jugs to an Island about 400 yards away form the last spot. Put the jugs in 12-28 foot of water. Checked them Monday morning, had 2 1-2# blues. Tuesday morning checked them again and had 2 1# blues and a 4# blue. Decided I would rebait em and pick them back up that afternoon. I went back with my mom, and saw one jug bouncing some. It was windy and my mom cant drive the boat so I had to steer and get in position to grab the jug. I palmed it and when I did, a fish jerked it out of my hand. I got excited, thinking it was gonna be 5-10#. Circled back around in the boat grab the jug again and this time saw the biggest bluecat Ive ever seen personally caught. After about 5-10 minutes of wrestling the fish, grabbing its mouth and hauling it into the boat I came up with a 32.5 pound blue. Caught in about 20 foot of water on the top hook(3-5 foot under the surface) on cut shad. My previous biggest fish ever caught was 18# so I nearly doubled my previous record. I have pictures but I am at work and forgot the CD at home. Was 38-39 inches long. The record for the lake im not sure of. Cabelas in my town says the bluecat record for the lake is 31#. Texas parks and wildlife website says 40#, and the marina I took it to to get it weighted said record is 47#.

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Very nice Blue ya got. What lake where ya fishin' ? I'd love to catch one that large. Were ya usin' cut bait ?
    Let's see some pictures....

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice fish congratulations.

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Good job on your personal best. Congrads.

5. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    great fish !! good start for the year....

6. cardfan4life

cardfan4life Guest

Way to go, great catch..

7. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I caught it in Grapevine lake. A fairly small lake in North Texas between Fort Worth and Dallas. Im not sure if it hit live perch or shad. I had about 1/2 the hooks baited with cut shad, and about 1/2 with live perch.

The one thing im dissappoint about, Ive never caught a flathead. Ive fished rod&reel with live perch, ive fished trotlines and jugs with live perch and I just cant seem to catch a flathead. Ive caught some with my uncle on his lines, but not any that I picked the spot, baited and checked myself. Thats my next goal, I think this wil be the year ill get me a flathead.

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Thats awesome. Way to go!!

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Jared, Your PB record means more than all of the rest of them put together. congratulations :)

10. Dav1

Dav1 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on your personal best.

David

11. iccats

iccats New Member

State:
    morgantown, Indiana
    good job man. hope to see some pics soon.

12. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thats cool! Congrats on the fish cant wait to see some cool pics. I bet that was kinda fun to get that jug in.

13. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    excellent blue cat you got there :thumbsup:

14. cross_their_eyes

cross_their_eyes New Member

State:
    Show Me State
    Awesome fish, congrat! Big fish!

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member