31st and riverside

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Blakemo, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I heard on the other post this was a good fishing spot. what species of fish are commonly caught?

2. gbh61

gbh61 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've fished this spot going on 11 yrs. now. The species I have caught are as follows....Flathead, Blues, Channels, Stripers, Walleye, Sandies, Carp, Buffalo, Long nose gar, and Spoonbill. Just a word of warning on the spoonbill though, If u read the fishing regs, no snagging allowed from I-44 River bridge upstream to keystone dam. If u accidently snag a spoonbill, they must be released immediately. To date the largest flathead I have taken there was 30 lbs. Largest Blue was 35 lbs. Largest Channel was 12 lbs, and largest Striper was 17 lbs. all these fish were caught off the east side fishing pier with a 12 foot ugly stik and garcia 7000 w/ 17lb. green biggame mono. Best time to fish is when Keystone is generating at least 5000cfs but ideally if river is running at least 15000cfs. Fishing picks up around middle of March thru July and then again end of Sept. thru Nov. Just remember that the river is at the mercy of Keystones release and generation schedules so plan your excursions accordingly. Also between 2:eek:o-4:00 am is when I took the big flathead and Blue. Hopes this helps u and good luck with your fishing

3. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have the same setup but with a spinning rod:wink: and how do you know is keystone is generating?

4. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Call the Corps # 669-7521 for the recorded generation schedules, hope this helps.

5. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks and is the white bass fishing pretty good?

6. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Are there alot of shad there?

7. gbh61

gbh61 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    probably 70 percent of the time there are tons of shad there. make sure that you increase the rope length on your net because you'll be throwing from a walkway that is 10-15 ft. above the water.