3000 dollar reel?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    would you pay that? not me..not even if i won the lottery. 1000 yards of 150lb test line???

196.4 ounces??? i'll never have a reel that weighs more than the fish i catch:crazy::smile2:

http://www.daiwa.com/Reel/detail.aspx?ID=201

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That is one big reel......I just don't have the need for one to fish in fresh waters. If I lived near the ocean and fished for big salt water fish....and if I were rich....I would have one of those.:big_smile:

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Might be a little much for the Crappie I have been catching :smile2: Altho I'm sure it would "rip'm" out of the brush! :smile2::smile2::smile2: Do they sell a conversion to mount it to the front of my truck?

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    ITs so heavy because its a powered reel..

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    that's right, Tim, an electric winch reel...but let's be honest - a warn 1500lb winch with 1/4inch cable is cheaper:smile2:

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The only use I can think of for that reel is to tie off some 150 pound braid and pull my wife out of the store before she spends like a wild woman. LOL!!!

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana

150 pound braid would not hold my wife. She could snap that. lol:smile2::smile2:

8. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Phil;
    I agree! Not only is the Warn cheaper, but more reliable and more powerful too! Plus, and this is just my humble opinion, the Warn's look better too!:wink::big_smile:
    I think if I won a $250 Million Lotto I would buy two of them. One just to have it around to show people, and the second one I would put up for Star Membership Free Raffle!:wink::big_smile::smile2:
    I have to admit though, for someone that was severely disabled, especially with a spinal injury, having a reel like that would allow them to have some enjoyment of fishing. I know Cabela's has a couple smaller models for such purposes so perhaps this reel has a place in the fishing world somewhere. Of course you would have to match it with one of that companies solid state rods too!
    Interesting post Phil and not all together useless or trivial!
    "THANK YOU" for sharing!:big_smile:
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    That;s what you need out there when fishing for a goliath grouper that likes to stay on the bottom @ 800ft or better!!!! He'd spool you in a minute or less, those things are huge, and w/that reel you dont have to fight them as much, just let the reel work a little bit!!!

10. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Nope, not ever! No way I'd spend as much on a reel as I could by a good used 4-wheeler for!! :smile2: Or even a john-boat......with a used motor!! (I guess you can tell I'm not used to getting much "new" stuff, huh??)

11. hawgman

hawgman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Heck thats almost as much as I paid for my Boat.