300,000 no power in MO alone

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cattledogz, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    I just heard on the weather channel that 1/2 million people are out of power due to the ice storm and that of that 500,000 a whopping 300,00o of thos without are in MO.

Lets all keep those without power, power company workers, volunteers, etc. that are affected in our thoughts and prayers.

2. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    You always bring such kind and refreshing news, NOT! :lol:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yes this storm really has taken its toll also i heard that something like 250 have died as a result of it we also should pray for those whove lost loved ones

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    I love you too little brother! :tounge_out: :lol: :tounge_out:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks for the update Barb. Being without power is no fun at all, and my heart goes out to all the folks who are without it. I'm sure it'll take quite a while for that many homes to have power restored to them, so positive thoughts and prayers are sent that way from NC for all who are/will be involved.....

6. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thanks for the update, my prayers are with them

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The temp outside is 8 degrees,and the wind is blowing. I have snowplows running back and forth past my place.We are blessed in that we never lost power but hubby needs to see the doctor but he is so weak from fever that he told me he's just gonna tough it out cause he's not lettin me get out in this frigid air. MRR has a an 8 foot tall tree that he transplanted from the woods to his house. It was only 2 foot at the time,so it's grown quite a bit.He said it is encased so heavily with ice it's about to fall down. I am quite ready for Spring.One time of this is quite enough,but I'm afraid it has only just begun.Already forcasting 60% chance of more snow this coming Monday if not sooner. Ya all take care and be safe!:smile2:

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    So far Pat the tree is still standing.I'll take the snow over this darn ice any day. We have been one of the lucky ones so far we haven't lost power,flickered a couple times but thats been it.They said there was 2000 without power in Bowling Green ,Mo.Thats only 6 miles from us.

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well I heard from my brother [fishingbuddy4] that none of my family had lost power as of today I grew up around Warrensburg I know what can happen in the winter my thoughts and prayers with all of you