30 pb striper mrflathead

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by slikk03, May 24, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

my bro just got a 30 pb striper while flathead fishing, give him props for it on his pm, he wasent able to get a photo but i told him to get a 30 pound pic and put it on there, hes no liar, trust me were coisens, but we are not diehard bass guys, im not into largemouth but i love them stipers, illinois just dont hold alot of big ones , i like big fish, so i target cats
  2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

Jake ....I spent many years on the banks of Old Hickory Lake in Tennessee fishing for big Stripers with Live skipjacks. They are a blast to catch and great to eat!:cool2:

3. 40oz

40oz New Member

Gun Barrel Tx
    Them stripers will give you the fight of your life, real fun to catch. I fish for largemouth during the spring spawn. I do like to catch them but kind of feel they are a little over rated. Pound for pound I think a cat especially a blue or flat can give much more of a fight than a largemouth.
  4. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

LOL I just saw that you made this post.

Man it was a big shocker though when I got it in, I had no idea what it was. It was swimming fast and just under the surface from side to side ALOT and I could feel that it was big and knew it was no catfish. Sadly I caught it at Conowingo dam 1 week before Striper season was in, i caught it on a live blugill about 6 inches long. There were a couple people that took pics of it on their camera phones and I gave them my email address to send it to me but I never got it. So it just goes down in the books as another fishin story LOL!
  5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

Congrats Zack. The part of catchin it on a bluegill shhots the theory of "stripers only eat shad". Never did by into that, they are a hog with gills.:smile2: Beaver lake in Ark. has ton's of them and my opinion is your welcome to all of them as long as ya don't stock em in missouri.