30 lb. catfish '09 on light gear.

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by FlatheadManiacScott, Jan 25, 2010.

1. FlatheadManiacScott

FlatheadManiacScott New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I caught two over 30 lbs. in '09 even with the few cat trips i took this year.

First one was in Sept. on a trip out to fish with my buddy Jake along the Ohio river , again another 30 lb. flathead caught on my long european carp gear , 12 lb. big game and fresh cut shad fishing at a range between 100 and 150 yrds. below pike island dam. 13' shimano carbon fiber rod , Daiwa grandwave 5000BR reel.

2nd one in Nov. was a new PB blue cat caught while carp fishing a lake that I was told holds a few blue cats . I was using my 12' Fox carbon fiber rods , 12 lb. test big game on shimano classic 3500 btr reels , size #4 hook , hair-rigged solar pop-up boilie . I caught 5 big carp this day and the final run of the day was the blue casting to the spot I had been catching the carp and chumming for them.

Scott

Attached Files:

2. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Awesome ! Caught a flathead somewhere in the low 20's a few years back while crappie fishing with 6 lb. test and a lightweight rod. Was pretty cool to get him in the boat.

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    caught my pb flathead on light gear 5.5' fenwick med/light action 10# test trilene xl line 56.5 #

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man seeing the manaic brings back fond memories of the old days!

5. FlatheadManiacScott

FlatheadManiacScott New Member

State:
    Ohio
    HAHAHAHAHA..Jack ole buddy good to see ya still getting the catfish bug . How have you and Mellon head been ? Yea ive been away from the whole crazy internet forum stuff for a few years now......now its time to introduce myself to the NEW crowd of cat men around Ohio....hahahaha. Great thing is they have no clue as to the real true maniac that used to roam the old GFO forums...good times...good times.

Anyway , Lots changed for me...Im still chasing the carp hardcore and smallmouth bass ...and hybrid stripers , ect. ..ect. But in the past few years , Ive gotten divorced (a blessing) and have found a GOOD women . Lost my job after 12 yrs. sadly and started a new one......
    I still fish with Jake and Dave and get out whenever I can and still fish during the Winter of course.

Man glad to see ya drop in and say hi....

Scott

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Howdy Scott! Nice to see ya man. Sorry/Glad to hear the divorce news.