30+ big Channel Cats

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by HOLD-ACCOUNT, Aug 24, 2008.

1. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Went fishing with Big Sam on Webber's Falls lake in OK yesterday. We had Skip jack, Shad, and SECRET-7 dip bait.

Here are the results: (I tried to remember the numbers to the best of my ability)

Skipjack-0
    Shad-0
    SECRET-7-over 30 channel cats that averaged larger than 5 lbs. Some small blues under 3 lbs.

All channel cats were caught in less that 2 ft of water. Most of the blues came off the edge of the river channel in 30 ft with good current. All on SECRET-7.

SECRET-7 is not a miracle bait, but if you have never tried fishing shallow water wood in the summer time with a good dip bait you are missing out on some hot action. Plus its soooooooo easy! We would have struggled to catch anything if not for the SECRET-7. The cats just picked and nibbled at the meat but inhaled the S-7.

Catching 5 lb channel cats in shallow water is a blast, even if you are like I used to be (a self proclaimed big fish addict that swears manufactured bait is a joke.) Now I can't think of a better way to spend a hot summer afternoon. From many years of experience I know when the bigguns start to bite good here in OK, and it's not in August! Until then I am going to enjoy the action and ease of anchor fishing with dip bait and patiently wait until the waters cool off to throw the meat again.:wink:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report and congrats on the fish!

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    thanks jeff and congrats i will give secred 7 a try

4. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Congrats on a good day of fishing. That S-7 is some wicked dip bait if anyone has not tried it you need to get you some ASAP!!!

5. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Not a bad day. Thanks for the info on the dip bait.

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Those numbers are correct!!!!!! 0-shad 0 skips 30 plus closer to 40 jeffery if ya really think about it:eek:oooh::tounge_out: We are attacking on monday!!!! '7" is in the arsenal!!!:smile2: I dont understand sometimes the "hardheadedness" towards manufactured bait???? Why would you not want to use a product that absolutely whips that A$$$$$:wink: Cant say it's the cost either time ya factor in the gas & time chasing shad & skips they cost ya some serious $$$$$.

7. KentuckyCatfish

KentuckyCatfish New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you had a pretty good day. Id have to agree that catching the 5-10# channesl in shallow water is a lot of fun. You dont have to wait on the strike nearly as long either. Ive never tried the Secret 7, but i might have to give the dip baits and punch baits another shot. I tried them a long time ago and didnt have any luck besides creating a mess. But theyve come a long way with that stuff since Ive tried it. Maybe now I could keep the stuff on the hook and catch a few fish. Thanks for your recommendation, Ill have to give it a shot! Good luck out on the water.

8. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    All of these reports of Secret 7 is going to make me have to invest in some and try it. :wink: