30-06 ammo clip

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by randallewis, Aug 21, 2007.

1. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    I'm looking for a 30-06 ammo clip for a Remington Mod 742

2. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I've had several through the years and liked them. I probably have several extra clips somewhere If I can find them. I will check. I no longer have the guns so you will be welcome to them.
    Bill

3. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    This was my first deer rifle. Probably 40 yrs old. They used to call em 742 hang ups. Never had any problem with mine. I cured my Browning Bar barrel problem. Let it go to a local gun and pawn shop for $350. Now I need to come up with a auto deer rifle to dog hunt with. I've misplaced the 742 clip somewhere. If you find one let me know and I'll buy it.

4. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I'll check with bro in law. He has a 742 he still uses. Think he has the extra clip and I'll check with one of dads friends. He makes guns. I have the updated version of the 742...the 7400. Bout the only difference I can visibly see is the checkering on the stock and foregrip.

5. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Thanks. I took mine to my gunsmith and he said you can't get parts any more. It shoots fine I guess Remington wants you to buy new guns.

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    They have them, after market stuff. Numrich arms or Gun Parts corporation. You can search them on the internet.