3 years old and lasted 6 hours

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by BIG GEORGE, Jun 18, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    As most of ya know the grandson is up for a visit. Took him and #2 son out on the river today. Flushed em both outa the rack at 05:30. The little man impressed me. He lasted a solid six hours before he was done. He tapped out. LOL! Got into a mess of channels. Water temp was 76 degrees. Fished the last couple hours of outgoin tide and a good chunk of incomein. They were tearin up perch fillets,gill fillets and good old liver. Fished shallow early and then drop offs with structure. It was a fun day. Do ya have any idea how hard it is not to say"OH %$#$%" when ya miss a fish and a 3 year old is around. LOL! Heres a few pics to bore ya.

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Some more for ya. LOL!

Attached Files:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    This should do it.

Attached Files:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats George!!! Looks like you're teaching him right! Thanks for the pics & keep them coming! I never get tired of looking at the pics you post, even with your ugly mug in them.....:crazy::roll_eyes::tounge_out::wink::smile2:

5. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    WOW! Six hours is a lifetime to my 3 yr old daughter. I think its a great thing that ya had him out with ya brudda. We need more folks like you in the world period. I am one who can relate to biting your tounge when it comes to cursing around the lil ones. Hope you enjoy many more outings like that and my hats off to ya!:smile2::big_smile::roll_eyes:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    You may not of said it but you were thinking it!! LOL Great pics keep em comin!! Thanks for taking him!!

7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures George!

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Great Lookin Fishing Buddy you have there Big George. Looks like He has learned the tricks of the trade from one of the BEST !!!! J.D.:wink:

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thats great George! Memories to last a lifetime, both yours and his. I was about that age when I started goin and look at me.:wink::smile2:

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    george you got you a fishin partner. congratulations. i have an 8 yr. old that can only last an hour maybe 2 if there biteing. i say sign you grandson up on the boc so we can give him reps for staying power.

11. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    thats awesome george. looks like a definant future catfisherman!

12. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
  13. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Heck YA GEORGE!!!!!!! Thats what its all about right there....

14. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    George, dont know how you kept him occupied for 6 hours, most 3 year olds, I can only keep em interested for about 2 possible. Glad you had fun, I love to spend time with mine.

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

One word is all I can think of. "FISH" we was fortunate enough to fish 2 spots today where the acton was fast and furious. Made sure we had plenty of snacks and alot to drink. His uncle Paul has about the same IQ so they are good together. LOL! That and he knows POP POP don't play with the whinein crap. I'm tellin ya I was really surprised.:crazy:

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Those have just about GOT to be the most boring fishing pictures I have ever seen on here. The only shocking part is that George has been surprised. Now, I don't know about you folks, but surely BG is never in that situation.

What to say, what to say.......I find that I am repeating myself. Somethin's happened......

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Looks like ya had a fantastic day BG with the grandson and son,Thanks for the story and the pics,My 11 yr old can hang with me IF theyre biting.,Give that boy a rep from me.:wink:

18. Deadline

Deadline New Member

State:
    NC
    George I think you got yourself a keeper, no doubt about it. Great pics!!!THANKS

19. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Ain't that just the stuff! Looks like he wasn't too keen on the holding part, although the rag did give him some security. Mine liked to play with the rubbery whiskers too! At nine they STILL won't pick one up unless I place it in thier hand just right.

He's a tough little bugger. I'm telling ya! I'm impressed.

Good stock ya got there.

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good stuff George! :big_smile: Those are some real nice pics! :cool2: Your Grandson has the making of a real catman! :wink: