3 way swivel rig - Give it a try

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Catmaster, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    To anyone who is trying new rigs I think you should try using 3-way swivel rig. The main line through one eyelet, a 1' leader(stronger line than your main line) with a hook on it through another eyelet, and a 1 to 1.5' leader with about a 6-8 oz. bell weight through the last eyelet. The whole point of this rig is to get your bait off the bottom of the river/lake. I use this rig alot while drifting.

2. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I use this rig for river and creek fishing. I also recommend trying this setup if you've never tried it.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yes that works pretty good, it is called a "Drop Rig" around here. They work awesome for helping you not get hung up as much also!

Zakk:)

4. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I saw that in a magazine the other day and sat at the table today and made up four of them. In Fisherman was sowing it in a article on Drifting for catfish.

5. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    My brother showed it to me one day and I have used it ever scence.

6. fishmania

fishmania New Member

State:
    kentuky
    I like to tie my own 3 way it does not spen in the curent and it is free it is a good strong 3 way the guys that showed me how to tie it are some of the best cat men around.

7. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like to use 2 two way swivels. slide one end of a two way through your main line and tie your weight leader to that then a plastic or glass bead then your other two way with your hook leader on it. I like this method much better, when I fish with my bait clickers and my drag lose it doesnt allow the fish to feel my weight or any resistance and this rig doesnt spin or get as much stuff caught on it as the 3ways did. I just have much better luck with it this way.

8. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    i have tried it but it was in local pond so there wasnt any current, so my bait kinda got wrapped up around th line were the weight was. but i would like to try it in the kaw or something

9. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Three way swivels is all I use when I'm fishing for flatheads. I've tried other rigs and none seem to work better than the three way.

10. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    i use this rig along with a small bobber on the lead line to help hold bait off bottom great rig for blues and channels

11. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I use this rig alot when river fishing. I have found out tho that if I use the same line for both the hook and sinker line that they will tangle easily. So i have gone to useing a lighter line for the sinker around #10 test vs #20 for the hook and main line.

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Sounds good ive never tried it but Im going to give it a try next time I hit the river. Also have just tied my first dropper loop rig with two hooks on main line before the weight. Cant wait to try that either.