3 rivers

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by bigrob2530, Apr 26, 2008.

1. bigrob2530

bigrob2530 New Member

State:
    pa
    which of the three rivers would you say had the better quality of catfish and which one had the better quanity of catfish based on the time you put in fishing these waters thanks

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    They`re all about the same in my opinion, any one of them has a new state record in it.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I only fish the Allegheny so I cant really offer much of a opinion on the subject other than to say our fellow B.O.C. members sure catch some nice Cats out of the Mon and Ohio!

4. Cmartin4538

Cmartin4538 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    The mon is my favorite out of the 3

5. WhiskerWacker

WhiskerWacker Active Member

State:
    Pa
    I grew up fishing the Ohio, but the mon has alot of nice fish in it too. I found that the Allegenhey is hard to fish from the shore in alot of spots, I do have good luck at the dams in the summer. But for me the Ohio or the beaver are the spots to go. Really though all the rivers are connected anyway you just need to find a spot that has what the fish are looking for. I am sure that a 50-60# fish lurks out there somewhere.

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I agree on fish 50 or 60 pounds and maybe even larger.

7. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I'm sure you all heard the story "diver goes in to check a bridge pier or something and swears their is fish in there bigger than he was, and he won't go back in.

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`ve heard the story but I have personally hooked into some very large cats that were very heavy and hard to move around, I`ll go as far to say that a seventy pound flathead wouldn`t shock me at all I think they`re out there and are waiting to do battle.

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Which one of the 3 rivers would hold the Rogue?

I would say the Ohio.