3 rivers area- Monongahela, Allegheny,& Ohio & Beaver Rivers Reports

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT, May 21, 2009.

1. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

HOW about a report for the 3 rivers area.Include the Beaver too.Go up to tarentum on the AL,down to Elizabeth on the Mon,and down to the WV state line on the Big O.Throw in the Beaver for good measure.Keep up some fresh reports on them all.Maybe someone has a good spot that can hold a good amount of people for a possible westenders night meet on one of these rivers.The last meet up lake arthur didn,t go over too big,low turnout.I got a couple spots in mind.Lets see what every one else comes up with.:006::0a23::0a24::0a36:

2. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    ive been catching small flatties, a few channels and a gar:crazy: on the beaver, nothing giant yet, most caught on cut bait.

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

Fished the beaver yesterday(thurs).I used gills for bait.Had 2 good ones on at night.Lost both of em tying me up in snags.The old lady on the other hand-who hates fishing for cats or carp because Quote-they pull too hard,had no trouble landing her flat.She got hers in the afternoon sun while fishing for sauger&walleye using a little fathead for bait.:crazy::0a28:

4. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    did she catch that up by the fishing pier?

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

She got it up where the fast water is.Right where it comes out.

6. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    thats cool, i only caught 4 tonight, 1 small flathead and 3 small channels, hopefully tomorrow will be better

7. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    went out to glenfield launch last night for about 4 hrs with only one bite, then went to emsworth dam for an hour or so. got a fat little 4 lber and had a run on a very big sucker head. the head was clost to 1lb it was huge, my line screamed for about 5-7 sec the nonthing. real iut back in and only half the head came back..lol. missed my hook by 1/2 in, i'm thinking it was a musky didn't look like a cat bite. what ever hit it was big with big teeth looked like a shark bite..lol hey pat congrats to your old lady hope that flatty did pull to hard for her. when are all us west side guys going to meet up or all us yinzer. and have a burgh gathering. well tight line's lets get this thead going and show those east side guys what great fishery we have here in the burgh. even though they may have more time on the water, since there flyers are no long playing, and we are headed to lord stanly...lol

8. rhuffman

rhuffman New Member

State:
    pa
    Couple of us been gettin real small flats on live gills in Elizabeth. They were all about 12 inches taken 7-8 inch gills. Nothing huge yet.

9. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

Hit the Beav on saturday.Fished from 3 til around midnight.Channels were hitting all day,my nephew was fishing for them.Carp were hitting good all day too.Water was a nice 70 deg.Had action from right after 8 till we left on the flatties,landed 4,had 7 or 8 on,lost the rest in snags.Pretty good time,only had time to grab a couple quick pics.Saw a flat landed 25 or better by a guy fishing for stripers with a rapala,right up in the heaviest current.Would of stayed a little longer,my bait mooching brother was using my gills up like no tommorow,ran out of gills.:eek:oooh:

10. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

I,ve been getting some really big gars hitting like that,a couple of them held on til they got to the top,that,s how I knew what they were.:sad2:

11. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    went out yesterday from 5:30 til 8.... ran out of bait because of stupid channels and gar... i caught a 2lb channel and a gill that was 7inches long, the rest were short bursts and no bait left, went out after that to get more bait for today, caught about 20 gills a crappie and a nice largemouth i might be using today:wink:

12. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    hey pat if that as a gar then it would of been huge, i didn't even think about a gar cause i never seen one real big or herd of one. i might go back tonight for a little bit, going over by hpd in alittle bit with the old lady in our kayak's. want to check out a hole i was told was over there.well tight lines all and keep this thing going....justin

13. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    went out again today, had a small run on a 5inch gill and it killed em, my friend caught a 6lb channel on cut bluegill, so far nothing else, hoping to get a big one before the spawn:embarassed:

14. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    don't worry Nick you have plenty of time yet.

15. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    any new reports? the beaver county times used to have a fishing report section every friday but it hasnt been in there yet....

16. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

Been laid up all week with some breathing problems.Gonna try to get out again sunday or monday.:sad2:

17. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    caught 2 small flatheads and 2 channels, biggest flat being 4 lbs caught on a gill and also a channel on a gill, the smaller flat was caught on a crawdad, and the other channel caught on cut gill.... i did have fun messin with the beavers...

18. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

I,ll be fishing out your way on monday.:cool2:

19. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    caught a small flathead and channel today on cutbait, also caught about a 20lb snapper on a live gill

20. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    went down to emsworth dam on the wall had about 5 runs but only able to land a 10lb flat on a dead gill, seems like that's what they wanted dead or alive. i had cut carp and sucker but didn't get anything. it started to storm so i left(sucks) i would of stayed all night they were starting to get active around 10:00, at one time both rods were going off lol.:big_smile: