3 pole rule?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by mo.whiskers70, Oct 23, 2007.

1. mo.whiskers70

mo.whiskers70 New Member

State:
    missouri
    What is the story on the 3 pole rule? If you use three then one of them has to marked with your name,number,and address? I was just wondering. Is anyone out there doin' any good here lately? I have to wait for the river to drop before I can get to the spots I like. That's the bad thing about no boat, but next year I should be getting one. So, if any of you hear of any good deals I would really appreciate a heads up. I'll only have a lil' over a grand to spend, but i'm not to concerened about how it looks as long as it's river worthy:big_smile: Anyway, it won't be until next year before I can get it. Good luck to everyone and I hope you all catch that BIG one:big_smile:

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    You're allowed 3 "unabeled" poles per person (on the Mississippi, it's 2 unlabeled poles per person.)

The implication is that any additional poles must be "labeled" with your name and address, though there's nowhere in the wildlife code that clearly states as much.

Put a label on all your poles and you'll never have a problem.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I think there's plenty of folks here who routinely use more than 2 rods on the Mississippi. (Of course, they use Sabiki rigs too...)

The exact wording of the regulation is as follows: (from 3CSR10-6.410 Fishing Methods)
    Doesn't seem any more explicit on the number of poles that can be used on the Mississippi than it does on other waters of the state.

4. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

It is 3 unmarked poles...but if you label your rods, making it the equivalent of a bank pole or limb line all you need be concerned with is number of hooks...
    I had this discussion with a guy at the lake a few weeks ago so I called the MDC...they told me as stated above...mark them and you're ok...

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I take the mailing labels that we get through the mail all the time.Once in a great whiole I get some with just my name on them so I peal them off ,stick them on my rods and cover thm with scotch tape.Tape protects them from getting wet .Only thing is they don't have phone number on them.Question ? Does the labels have to have ph # or just name and address.Not sure so fill me in please.

6. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

I forgot...mark with Name, Address and PERMIT #

7. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    as mr t said, just mark all poles the day you get them, & you will never have a problem. i have fished right next to our mdc agent with six poles out at the same time, i ask him about it, he looked saw that all poles were marked with all info. & he said that he tells e1 to mark all poles that way if one lable comes off you are still ok.

8. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    It's only the shortage of labels that kept me from doing the same thing... :smile2:

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Yes the rules say you have to have your phone number on all limblines.

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Name and address only.

The rule below applies to trotlines, etc. but since there's no other more specific rule, this is what you should follow when labeling your rods.

From 3 CSR 10-6.410 Fishing Methods:

11. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I write another code on the label also. 80 10/7 80 lb test. Oct 2007 This way I know what line size and when it was changed .. This is for the ones out there that the memory isnt as good as it used to be.

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Now there you go again vince causing trouble and talking about us old farts again... We may not be able to rmember alot of stuff, but we already forgot more than you young farts will ever learn... hehehe

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Dang whippersnappers are always rubbing it in, aint they?

14. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Forgot to tell ya.. I label the reels instead of the rods! :wink:

15. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    I normally fish with 6 poles but every now and then a good fish will remind me why some guys only fish with a few poles as he wraps all the lines into one! A big gar did that to me early this past spring..took 40 minutes to get that mess straightened out!

16. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    That is a good reason to bring a friend so they can get all the other lines out of the way if you get a nice fish on.