Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a small lake that I fish a lot and one that I can always get a ton of 8-12inch shad all the time no matter what. Just got the boat put in and was headed back to the bank, when a truck pulls up to the ramp. They then spin around and back down the ramp. The truck gets to the edge of the water and 3 people get out. 2 teen age boys and an older guy. The older guy drops the tailgate, I then see 3 nice large flatheads the older guy grabs one and puts it in the lake. I asked them what they were up to and the older guy said teaching the boys. He goes on to say they boys had a bright idea to hand fish the lake that morning and this is what they got. Since they broke the law he made them bring them back to release them. This was nice to see and hear. I found out 2 of them bottomed out a 50lb scale the other went 43lb. I have put hours and hours on the lake targeting them with no luck, These two come in and pull 3 fish out with in 60ft of each other, just amazing. So I guess know the stories are true that the lake hold some nice flats. Now its time to figure out where they areand how to catch them in this little lake.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.