3 new PB's on the Red

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by 320hotrod, Sep 17, 2009.

1. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    My father sprung for my brother and him and I to take a trip to Drayton, ND to fish the Red River for their famous channel cats. None of us had ever fished this river before, so we relied on info we graciously recieved from fellow BOC brother Dave L ( David LeTourneau). We started Friday morning with chicken livers and worms and managed to land a few small eaters here and there, then bought and used sucker minnows the rest of the day and landed a couple nicer ones, 12 and 14. So that was dinner Friday night, (yummmmm!!!) and hit it agan Saturday, again with suckers and 2 frozen goldeyes (like skipjack). Goldeyes did really good for larger fish, and my dad landed a 20, while my brother got a 16. I stayed with the smaller ones, as we wanted to take a few home. Bad thing was the frozen goldeye were 3 bucks apiece at the bait store, but you do what ya gotta do. Sundau, it had dried out enough to launch below the dam, so we caught about 20 goldeye on jigs, tossed'em in the livewell, and started cattin' again. That was the day there, as every hole we nailed at least on fish, sometimes two, all day long. Pictures were kind of forgotten as we were way busy catching fish, but needless to say we were all smiles by quitting time. Never caught one under 10 pounds on Sunday, I finally landed one around 15, my brother upped his to 17, and my dad stuck with his 20. Wonderful trip that we are already looking forward to taking again. Again, I want to thank Dave for his tips and advice, it definitely had an impact on our trip, amd the BOC for providing the opportunity for people to get together to share information like this. A few pics to entertain..

Attached Files:

2. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    few more..

Attached Files:

3. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    and two more!

Attached Files:

4. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Looked like a great trip, congrats on the new PB

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Congrats to all of you on the PBs.

6. SnagHatr76

SnagHatr76 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Looks like you guys had a real good time. Congrats on the new PBs.

7. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats on your P.B.s, you gotta love the way those big Channels fight.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great report and pics Brian! :big_smile: Congrats to you guys on the PB Channel Cats! :cool2:

9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    congrats on all the good fish

10. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    congrats bro, those are some pigs

11. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for the report and pics, and congrats to you all.

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
  13. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Nice trip guys,
    Red rivers on my list for when I hit the lottery :confused2:and start my Big Cat tour across the county,,,:big_smile:
    congrats..:wink:
    Puddle