3 New PBs a Tawakoni today - 50 Pound Catfish!

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Jan 18, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Had a great day at Tawak. First the day started off I got to meet fellow brother Jim(trlrman) at the ramp. He gave us a livewell full of bait he had caught the night before. It was great to finally meet a fellow BOCer in person. The first fish of the day was my 10 year old son Clay's personal best, a 26 pounder. Then his friend Brandon caught a 15 pounder. We moved to another spot on the lake, met up with Jim and he followed us over there. Within 15 minutes we had 2 fish in the boat. Clay's next PB a 40 pounder, then Brandon's 21 pounder. We fished there for a while and caught several smaller fish. We then moved and finished off the day with my PB, a 50 pounder. Great day at Tawakoni. I want to give a special thanks to Jim for giving us our bait. I hope I can return the favor soon.

Attached Files:

2. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    More pics from today.

Attached Files:

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sounds like you had a great day and reps for taking the kids.

4. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Gary, Congrate's!!!

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Gary, what a sweet day on the water. Congrats on the PBs and thanks for the great pictures

6. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Way to go Gary on those PBs and congrats to the future BOC members and their PBs. Thank for sharing those pictures how cold was it on the water looks like you guys are bundled up pretty good. I'm going to try my luck and get down their for the upcoming gathering. I heard it is late Feb. is that correct? Oh and reps to ya brotha, way to take a kid fishing.:cool2:

7. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    it is thanks enough you taking those young-uns out &setting some pb's. i am glad they showed you how to do it so you could get your pb ! yall went catching i went fishing . i could'nt buy a 10+ with a sack full of 50's yesterday ,so that leads me to beleive them boy's were showing you how to do it !:wink:

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Most excellent day!!!! Congrats!!

Bill in SC

9. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks for the update. The faces tell the whole story. Congrats.

10. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Hey guys, thanks for all of the nice comments. We had a blast yesterday and you still cant see my 10 year olds face today because of the big smile.:smile2:

11. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Great day bro! Congrats on the PB's.

12. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Man that is some nice fish. Congrats.

13. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Gary them are some great looking catfish you got there , but i like the smiles on your sons face better

14. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Joe it was pretty chilly early in the morning, but warmed up to be about 60 out. Beautiful day for winter time blues. By afternoon, the kids were shucking clothes.

15. catkid

catkid New Member

State:
    Lone Oak, Texas
    good fish:roll_eyes: