3 in a row! I love this sport!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by mikeozo, Jul 8, 2009.

1. mikeozo

mikeozo New Member

State:
    PA
    Well after the last 2 days of hookin into a 24 pounder and an 8 pounder, I figured my luck had 2 go south. Well, I was wrong...Busted out my new gear today, king kats with cabelas salt stalkers, powerpro 65#, gamakatsu Octo circles....About 10:30pm hooked into a 34" 19 pounder... New gear performed flawlessly!

Thanks again Guys for all your help!

Attached Files:

2. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Way to go, you're on a roll. Glad to hear your gear worked out well for you.

3. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    It is always fun when you get into them. Keep it up.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sounds like you got "the fever" Mike! :wink: Congrats on another nice Flatty! :cool2:

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    good job bro, ya can't go wrong it that set-up :wink:

6. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Keep it up! Congrats!

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    When you find them hitting like that, they usually are there for awhile..Nice Fish and keep after them , you liable to catch the mac daddy:big_smile:..

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on some nice fish. The best of luck to you.

9. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Sounds like you got a sweet spot on the dock lol, keep diggin and you'll catch the monster . Nice fish and good luck .:006:

10. mikeozo

mikeozo New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks for aall the congrats....It was crazy last night...

I was out there til 4am by my lonesome...Nice and peacful til that damn baitrunners go off and scare the hell out of me. I had 4 other nice runs on chubs...One was my fault, I think I could have let him run a bit longer...The other ones ran for a long time before I tried to set the hoook...They were taking everything but the heads...I think all but one must have been smaller fish or maybe even channel cats. Well, I guess you will have that...That 19 pounder made it worthwhile.

Thanks again, lookin for a babysitter to see if I can get back out there tonight...Wife has to work. Still have lots of blluegils left but may have to go grab some chubs.

11. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    congrats sounds like your havin a good time :wink: enjoy it it sure is addictive.Keep the reports rollin in

12. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Nice flattie Mike!Congrats.:big_smile:

13. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Mike, I'm just going to throw it out there (in heat of the "bad blood" thread). I HATE you. :wink::smile2: Your not leaving any fish for the rest of us!

Good job brother, It's great to see a new-er guy getting into them. I just wish I new your secret cause I sure have not been getting into ANYTHING lately. Pretty soon your going to have 10 catfish setups, countless amounts of weight, 25 types of hooks (and 25 of each), 25 spools of line, and of course, a large bottomless hole in your wallet. hahah :smile2:

Again keep em' coming. With a streak (and a hole) like this, your bound to find a 40lbr somewhere in there!