3 Flathead Catfish Over 30lbs In 9 Days!! Me and Josh32207 Up The Nuesee Again!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Catfishin_Farm_Boy, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    3 Flatheads Over 30 pounds in 9 days !! Big fattie flatties sure have been bitin lately...

Me and my buddy Josh aka Josh32207 went to the neuse yet again last night..

Within in the first hour Josh caught two decent blues.. Some football lookin ones lol... Put up a purdy good fight...

Right around midnight the moon had dissappeared.. It was all quiet when outta no where the same rod I caught the 39.6 on last week clicker starts screamin like crazy.. Huge run just peelin line... I engaged the reel and put a farm boy hook set into the beast..:smile2:. He was way down river headed for a log jam.. It was hillbilly vs fattie flattie 3. It was lookin like he was about to spool me when I finally got him turned and he tares back up river on a huge run... Drag is screamin... Then he got me wrapped up in 3 other lines... 25 mins or so finally get him up close to the bank and Josh pounces on em like a spider monkey:smile2::big_smile::smile2:... My adrenaline is pumpin... What a rush to fight another beast on another bass pole again..

Thanks Josh for another nooble'n job at the bank and another fishin trip I wont forget..:big_smile:

Thanks Brent aka Cat'n Around for runnin by and weigh'n the fish on ur scales for me again.. I really appericate it bud... :big_smile:

This flattie weighed 37.13

Attached Files:

2. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    way to go farmboy..............looks like the neuse is doing pretty good.........or..............youre getting really good!:wink:

3. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    More Pics....

Attached Files:

4. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    way to go eric that three nice fish sounds like you have found a sweet spot on the river

5. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Way to go bro . Looks like your dialed in pretty good , keep it up and you'll get that 50#er . Good luck , looks like the hillbillys are kickin but . Im still lookin for the weekend that I can get down there with you and we can give a few fattie flatties some sore lips (LOL). :big_smile::crazy::tounge_out::wink::smile2:
    :0a23:

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    cograds to you ERIC i,ve been waiting for that fishn report :wink:

7. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    nice fish :big_smile: way to go

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    congrats on some nice fish.

9. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    wtg farm boy, keep on hammering em, nice fish:wink:

10. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Congrats once again guys on another great trip. I have a feeling something in the 50 range is coming.....:dribble:

11. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Ya'll have done some good fishing there. Alot of fun times for sure. Thanks for the pics an the post!

12. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Way to go man! Ya'll are wearing them out for sure:big_smile: One of these days I my have to get a trip to the Neuse, sounds like some pretty dang good fishin':wink:

13. carelessthunder

carelessthunder New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrats. Keep posting like this and i am going to have to go fishing again allthough I am working.

14. amk29

amk29 New Member

State:
    Durham, NC
    nice fish man! what town along the neuse were you fishin?

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Erik thanks for sharing the pics and your fishing trips. You are on a roll. Great job. Keep the pics and stories coming.

16. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    again.....congrats fellows...............thanx to nick we almost caught up with you last night!............had 2 over 30 and 2 over 20.......one around 18 and quiet a few others between 8-15.................keep up the good work.........we all need to get together at the boc gathering with dumptruck and the rest of them..................look forward to meeting all you guys soon!

17. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Very nice fish. Enjoy it while you can. Those streaks are nice! :wink: