3 Fish over 100lbs

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by South Grand Laker, Feb 15, 2008.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i was recently reading a report, from a guy that has a friend that entered a national cat tournament in Texas, he said they had 3 fish weighed all over 100lbs, one at 106, then right after that weighed in a 108lber talked about a downer weighing in a 106lb blue and getting second big fish, haha anyways wondering if anybody knows what lake or tournement, or if there's any stature to that story

2. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yeah that would suck coming in with a 106lber and then get beat by anything. Man there have already been some big fish caught this year.

3. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That would suck coming in 2nd place wit ha 106lber. I feel so sorry for him. Haha

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I beleive it was Phil King who caught that fish, there's a thread on here w/the story & pics

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A catch of a lifetime and beat by a catch of a lifetime wow I have to find this storey and read it.Heck even though you aint first in the tourney you have alot to be happy there.....how could you not and to see a weigh in ....kind of gives a man chills thinkin bout it..........
    Guys if I ever break a 100 your not gonna like me cause I am gonna be about as loud and proud as some ole lotto winner....BRAGG BRAGGG...did I mention brag:wink:Oh I will be all over here grinnin and flauntin the storey..

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Phil's fish was in Tn not TX. Must be a different Tournament. That or just got switched to TX?
    Also there was only 2 fish over 100 I think in the Memphis Tournament also.
    Pete

7. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah i know it wasn't phil king, i saw the fish he weighed in on TV it was a 103lber, but this guy that entered this tournament fishes here on grand said that he didn't even bother with his 5 fish weighing ini somewhere over 90lbs, siad it was texas, i'd just like to know what lake and see some articles on them, knew record weigh in

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    If you just caught a 100 pound fish there is really nothing that could make that suck. Money is not whats at stake here, its the dream come true of catching such a monster.

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I believe it was lake Towokani and the tourney was NTTC tourney.
    If you pull up my posts, you will find it.

:wink:

10. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I heard about Phil Kings and read those articles I would just like to say its awesome people are pulling in these huge fish during tournaments and then releasing them and people actually get to see a monster fish.