Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was recently reading a report, from a guy that has a friend that entered a national cat tournament in Texas, he said they had 3 fish weighed all over 100lbs, one at 106, then right after that weighed in a 108lber talked about a downer weighing in a 106lb blue and getting second big fish, haha anyways wondering if anybody knows what lake or tournement, or if there's any stature to that story

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah that would suck coming in with a 106lber and then get beat by anything. Man there have already been some big fish caught this year.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I beleive it was Phil King who caught that fish, there's a thread on here w/the story & pics

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
A catch of a lifetime and beat by a catch of a lifetime wow I have to find this storey and read it.Heck even though you aint first in the tourney you have alot to be happy there.....how could you not and to see a weigh in ....kind of gives a man chills thinkin bout it..........
Guys if I ever break a 100 your not gonna like me cause I am gonna be about as loud and proud as some ole lotto winner....BRAGG BRAGGG...did I mention brag:wink:Oh I will be all over here grinnin and flauntin the storey..

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I beleive it was Phil King who caught that fish, there's a thread on here w/the story & pics
Phil's fish was in Tn not TX. Must be a different Tournament. That or just got switched to TX?
Also there was only 2 fish over 100 I think in the Memphis Tournament also.
Pete

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i know it wasn't phil king, i saw the fish he weighed in on TV it was a 103lber, but this guy that entered this tournament fishes here on grand said that he didn't even bother with his 5 fish weighing ini somewhere over 90lbs, siad it was texas, i'd just like to know what lake and see some articles on them, knew record weigh in

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i was recently reading a report, from a guy that has a friend that entered a national cat tournament in Texas, he said they had 3 fish weighed all over 100lbs, one at 106, then right after that weighed in a 108lber talked about a downer weighing in a 106lb blue and getting second big fish, haha anyways wondering if anybody knows what lake or tournement, or if there's any stature to that story
I believe it was lake Towokani and the tourney was NTTC tourney.
If you pull up my posts, you will find it.

:wink:

·
Registered
819 Posts
I heard about Phil Kings and read those articles I would just like to say its awesome people are pulling in these huge fish during tournaments and then releasing them and people actually get to see a monster fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.