3-D Shoot with Recurve

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Carp Killer, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I went to my first 3-D shoot with my new recurve this last sunday.It was a total blast.I don't think i'm ready for the big time yet but still had fun.I took 12 arrows with me and came home with 7 so i think i better keep practicing.I shot with a couple of guys that have been shooting recuves and long bows for a long time and they really helped me out alot.I seems to me that the guys who shoot recurves really help each other out more than those who shoot compounds.I shot a score of 204 out of 400 so it wasn't all that bad but wasn't all that good either.O WELL it was still a blast!!!

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    If that was your first 3D shoot with a recurve, 204 is a real good score. I think you're right; recurve shooters are a much more helpful bunch.

3. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Carp Killer,
    Good shooting. I shot my first about 3 weeks ago. Your 204 beats my 156. Your right, it was a blast.
    Danny J

4. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Let me tell ya, I met a man on a archery web site who happens to be local.
    He invited me to a traditional shoot (strictly sticks as it's called) at his club, those guys took me under there wing and showed me the ropes. I used there bow and arrows for the course and had a blast. From what I have seen the trad guys seem to be more willing to help out. As for me I love when people ask questions or ask for help...I have a blast showing people how to shoot or help out in any way I can. Archery hunting and shooting are great hobbies and any thing I can do to help someone along in that is a blessing to me.

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    recurves are hard to shoot! lol

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    They're not hard to shoot. It just takes a little practice, like throwing a baseball. In the end it's a lot more rewarding.

7. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I shoot a compound and I always seem to get help I need from anyone now when you get into those real expensive target bows i think they are a lil more competitive then most. kinda makes me laugh congrats on your first shoot nice score

8. brstone01

brstone01 New Member

State:
    Illinois Taylorville
    The 3-D shoot i like it me my dad adn big brother go to one in Litchfield