3 Catfish Safari lake rods

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by nitronostrils, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Downsizing the rod population, 2 yellow/blue and 1 blk/blue.
    Yellow rods used twice, black rod never used.

$150+shipping(UPS), shipped in PVC tube to prevent damage.

Attached Files:

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Whats the action of these rods? And how much is shipping to 37191?

3. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Rod action is Med/heavy, 7'6".
    Approx shipping to TN according to UPS:
    Ground: 23.71
    2nd Day: 33.54
    Next day: 56.96

EDIT: Just remembered Mickeys post on Shipping costs. Here's what I'll do, split the shipping cost with the buyer.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :angry: whys everyone got to sell stuff i want when i aint got the money but when i do none of theise deals can be found:angry:

5. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    would these rods be ok for river fishing or not i fish the missouri river lots of wight and big bait

6. twincatfis

twincatfis New Member

State:
    lincoln nebraska
    chris here is some info on these rods:
    The lake rod is execellent for Drift Fishing lakes or reservoirs. Or Catfishing rivers when you need 2-6oz sinkers. If you fish lakes, Ancored or tied up to an old tree this rod will work for you. If your after Monster Cats in brush piles or Just a few eater size I think you will like the way this rod handles all your Catfishing needs. Circle hooks or J hooks both work great with this rod. Line Rating; 15-40lb

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A friend of mine put a 87# Blue in the boat 2 wks. ago with one of these rod, You cant go wrong for that price ! :cool2:

8. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Is that 150 for all three or 150 each? I was also wondering if the eyes are double wrapped. That is where the wrap is under and over the eye foot this keeps the eye foot from being able to cut into the blank. Thats the only way i buy my big rods for fishing below the dams here in okla.

Foggy :cool2:

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i think hes asking 150 for all three witch is a great deal. the eyes are not double wrapped (i agree probally should be) but the way they are wrapped the appear to be, good job of tight wraps to pull off the look. they are still an exceptional rod and i would be glad to take them off his hands when i have the money (probally be a while) if he still has them witch i doubt he will.

10. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    On the Catfish Safari Rods the guides are double wrapped.....simply go to his website and read for yourself.

They are great rods.....And that's a awesome deal.....I had a 98 pounder caught on one of the Lake Rods.

11. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Right from Steves page about his poles.

"I double wrap all eyes. Cheaper rods are single wrapped. Double wrapping Is not just for looks (although they do look much better ). If you think about it the eye is a slick surface and rod is a slick surface its hard to connect two slick surfaces together. Thats where the double wrapping comes in. The first wrap is like putting grip tape on the rod for the eye to stick to. So now you have slick / rough /slick. They wrap the color put on a coat of epoxy ( CHEAP RODS WOULD BE DONE BY NOW THATS WHY THEY SINGLE WRAP ) then set the eye. When thats done they wrap the eye and put on several coats of epoxy. Double wrapping is double the labor but its well worth it."

I own several of the CS poles and they are great poles and this is a great price on them.
    (OK I have more than several :roll_eyes:)

12. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    PM sent your way Jeremy

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Thats a great deal, I wish I had the money, I been wanting a CS lake rod for a long time. I don't need 3 of them tho. I reckon by the time I got the money they will be gone. I will keep in mind in case I get some money.

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    id cut one if someone buys me a new one if im right

15. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Just to let you guys know, I'd rather sell all three together.

16. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    "I double wrap all eyes."
    I love how Steve acts like he made them.:tounge_out::smile2:

17. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    if you ever decide to sell seperately Jeremy let me know. i'll buy the black one in a heartbeat.

18. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    My belief that they are made for him. His business name is on the rods. Great rods....I wish I had the money for them.

19. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Deal Pending on these rods.

20. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Are they still available?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.