3-9-06 did pretty good tonight

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by ponykilr, Mar 9, 2006.

1. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    we put in at the jug tonight and went down a ways to a hole we know. i caught a blue a shade over 15lbs right off the bat. about 45 minutes later i caught another just over 20lbs. pretty good for my opener as far as rod and reel fishing this year. we were only there about 2.5 hours.
    we are going again sat night, i think with the warm weather coming in it will be perfect.

2. Rickb6959

Rickb6959 New Member

State:
    Clayton NC
    Congratulations! Thats the way to start a year.:thumbsup:

3. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I think I am going later on tonight, hopefully those blues are biting downriver aways from you.

4. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    jay, i am sure they are still hungry:)

rick, if it is any indicator, i will be smokin' this summer;)

5. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    we went back sat night and caught a mess of eaters(fried catfish this tuesday night:)
    and this 22lber about 20 feet from the boat. not a bad start, two over 20 and a16 and a bunch of good little eaters.

[​IMG]

6. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Way to go, a good start, hope to be posting some of them real soon.

7. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    Not a bad start at all. I haven't quit fishing this year but only for small channels. Wish there were blues around here or water close that held something to bend the rod good. At least I can fish though.

8. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Wow man GREAT fish... Sure gets me "Antsy in my Pantsy" lol Fishing fever!!!!! hehe grats again :)

9. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    the weather has been so nice for about a week. it has been in the 80's and mostly sunny. the fish seem to be turned on. we were wearin' out the small channels and blues at swift creek's mouth(smithfield). plus, you guys have to remember that the neuse is extremely low right now. its about a foot(not counting a few holes) and our 14ft jon was rubbing bottom in 6 inches sometimes. skinny water for sure. it's supposed to cool off to the 60's tuesday, maybe by the weekend it will be back warm. i am chompin' at the bit after this week. :p

10. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    are you fishing at night or in the day???

11. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    usually from about 6pm til 12 or so

12. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    went saturday afternoon, got skunked. i knew the barometer was dropping and we prolly wouldnt do anything, but it was fun anyway.

13. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    hey mr brinkley.....lol where are you fishing at?

14. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    right around smithfield mostly mr. brinkley. how is fayetnam? be interested in guiding a little group from smithfield down on the cf in your neck o da woods?
    where ya been lately, you are kinda a ghost on the boards :)

15. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Sounds like a great trip. Hope each is as good.

16. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    sounds like a good start! we ended up with a 15 and a 16 the other day so things are lookin good here too

17. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina

I have been working my butt off been tryinto get on here as much as i can.The past couple times i havebeen out on the cape around good ol nam the bite has been pretty good.Got me a couple honey holes down around from the riverside boat ramp.Last time i was out pulled a 15 pounder 25 and a 10 out of of one spot the same place i pulled the 38 pounder i have in my profile pick. The blues are tearing eel up right now. If you want to set up a guided trip i am more then willing to do it just let me know when and i will be there. There is also a tourny comeing up on may 5th and 6th 50 dollar buy in first gets 200 and all the buy in money goes to st.judes hospital ( i belive ) i know its a bennifet tourny i would love to have some more BOC members there. Give me a holler next time you make a run this way or if youwant to setup a run im open for it.