3-24-07 --- Catfish Report

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Katmaster Jr., Mar 24, 2007.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm going to try to keep this short.

We went to the lake around 4am this morning. We had caught big Hickory Shad in the local river to carry for bait. First thing we did was stop by the creek though because we really wanted to catch some of the smaller shad that work very well in the river near our house for Striper's and Channel Cats. There was already someone throwing thier net at the bridge and only catching a couple because the water was flowing very hard. So we put the boat in and went to a dock with a bright light on it where my Dad had recently caught some at. And sure enough we got a good amount there.

So now we went straight to Eaton Ferry Bridge because off the bank in past Spring's we had caught a lot of fish there. Well we got some good runs, but I'm pretty sure they were all 5-10 pounders because we didn't get but one of them and it was about 5-6lbs. We were using huge chunks of shad, so it would make sense for them to be just decent fish we were missing, no monsters. However we did not stay long because we were both extremely tired from being up working all night at my Dad's business, and there was a Bass tournament going on, meaning lots of Rockets on the lake.:tounge_out:

The bad thing of the trip was, leaving the boat ramp we noticed we had a bad flat tire on the trailer, we thought it might have just been a small leak so went to the marina and tried putting air in it and quickly noticed how bad it really was. Luckily a very nice fisherman we had fished with at Roanoke Rapids Dam pulled up with his boat and offered to let us use the spare off his trailer. He helped us change it and all! We have his number and are going to try to get to the lake tommorow so we can give him the tire back, and if we do make it over to the lake we will fish some more.

Anyway, here's the picture of the one we actually did catch.

Attached Files:

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the report Zakk, and it is good to hear that the fisherman in your parts stick together and help each other out.

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Thanks for the report.

4. Longhunter

Longhunter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the report.
    Maybe you should invite this guy to B.O.C. sounds like someone who would fit right in!

Paul

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks guys.

Actually for the most part around here people are rude, it's sad. It's like at the lake all the Bass fisherman help each other out, and all the Striper fisherman do the same, but we are pretty much the only catfisherman. Like when we broke down like a few miles away from the boat ramp in the summer, and had to paddle the whole time, and not only did the other fisherman not help us, they about swamped us!

This guy is one of the few nice people though, he is mostly a Bass fisherman but maybe he doesn't have anything against catfishing, he knows we are catfisherman. So I will let him know about the site....I just wish there were more people like him in the world.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice Bluecatfish.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks CJ......