3 & 20 creek report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Jun 1, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    fished 3 & 20 creek last night for the first time and tried anchoring up on long sloping points that run into the channel...found one point with exactly that and it had fish on it in fairly good numbers...we tried 9 times to get the anchor to grab something and failed every time...that was extremely frustrating...we finally moved off to the side of the point and tied off to a log that was on the bank and then anchored out in 21 feet of water...we were casting into 21 to 45 feet of water...i had one rod directly under the boat with a live bream on it...the other rods had cut blue back and bream on them...after 45 minutes i heard what sounded like something running into the bottom of the boat and realized something crushed and i mean crushed the live bream...fish gone and bait gone...never got the hook...then about 1 hour later we had about 8 or 10 hits in a 10 to 15 minute time period and only caught one small channel about 3 lbs...we tried to find some other points with similar features but they all were very steep ledges rather then gradual points...we fished until about 12:30 am and never caught another fish.

2. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    Might have been your MIA Flathead

3. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Yea those Hartwell flatheads are extremely tuff to hook into, I always use a stinger hook when using big bait. Could have been a gar I guess

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i'm thinking it was a flathead or a good sized striper...one of these days me and the flatty will meet:wink: