3/12/07 Mississippi River Pool 19

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by yotetrapper, Mar 12, 2007.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Fished just below lock and dam 18 today from 11am-2pm. Half the time in the river, the other half in a creek dumping into it. Had one good bite (liver) and a few nibbles (shrimp and cut shad), but no fish. Maybe tomorrow.

Angela

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Angela keep at it you never know when those catfish will deside to bite. Sounds like you have the right bait. You might try to soak that liver with Garlic salt(Lots) a couple of days before your next trip. Might Help. Anyway good luck on tomorrows trip.:lol: :big_smile:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Angela, it sounds like your still not holding your mouth quite right. Just keep trying... If your talking at the river, try not, if you are not talking, at least say something...it has to be in this area.

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Angela,
    How deep is the water where you been fishing? I would suspect those fish are in pretty shallow water right now looking for dead shad. You've got the dead shad,now all you have to do is find the honey hole. Keep trying different places you'll find them eventually. BTW,what's the water temp right now? I doubt if you will have much success until the water temps get into the 40's,at least. Watch along the shoreline and see where the birds are congregating,that's where you'll find the dead shad,and the fish!
    Good Luck,
    Glenn

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Angela! Great to see a female member posting a report!:cool2:

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    When no one is looking, you chant... Little fishy in the river, come and bite my chicken liver! Not that I have EVER done such a thing! LOL!:cool2:

Got a buddy of mine I fish with every little bit, and when we go out it is always some sort of Voodoo. One day it was, we could not get a bite unless he was singing. (There is a reason he builds houses instead of making records.) Rough as it was, whatever it takes.

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    "Little fishy in the river, come and bite my chicken liver"

LMAO Well I must say there's something I've never tried. If I ever stop coming to the forum, you can figure that i'm probably in the pysch ward after a game warden sneaks up and hears me singing to the fish. LMAO.

Well I went out again the following day too, but downriver several miles, and I fished in close, out far, and in the middle.... no bites. So I've decided it's just too dang early to fish! I'm gonna wait a while for it to warm up some. Not sure on the water temp, but it's COLD. River was frozen solid a week and a half ago.

8. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    WAIT UNTIL THE WATER TEMP IS ABOUT 55 THEN THE BITE WILL PICK UP GOOD LUCK TO YA.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Well u got to keep trying, and remember to hold ur mouth right :lol:

10. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    We catch them up here in VA. with the water temps down in the 30's. Just have to find there hole and put bait in front. Are you fishing from a boat? If so use your depth finder to find the holes and look for cover.

11. McQ

McQ New Member

State:
    Galesburg, Illi
    Wait until May. All things good happen in May. Fish'in starts in May. When it's time to pick the strawberries, it's time to get hold of the big flats! Guaranteed !!

12. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Fish the mouths of creeks and small rivers. They cool down (winter)driving the cats to the warmer river then warm up sooner (spring) than the big river. Some of the cats will be leaving the Miss soon for their summer home up the tributaries.