3-10-06 Ky River Catfishing Report

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by kybunniebuster, Mar 10, 2006.

1. kybunniebuster

kybunniebuster New Member

State:
    winchester kentucky
    well ive never caught any skip jacks before so i went to the power plant water inlet today to try my luck (dont even know if our river has any) fished for several hours with crappie jigs and all we came up with was around 18 carp :cool: it wasnt what i was looking for but had a blast fighting those monsters on ultra light rods here is a few pics of todays catch me with my first two i caught and my buddy with his catch of the day ,

Attached Files:

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well sometimes you got to catch whats biting. just wondering is that two differnt type of carp. the ones we have are the yellow orange ish ones here.

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Wow on a crappie jig ? Didn't know they would hit those. I know where a few gravel pits are and it has some monster carp in them. Those puppies won't hit anything. Even Big-Red soaked rice crispies ! How were y'all fishin' them jigs ? Fast /slow / bottom / top ?
    I bet that was some fun though !
    Thanks for sharing the pics.

4. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i think a carp is one of the funnest fish to catch i always have a blast catching them.i know a pond full of them but they want bite a thing so we went down a few times with a light and throw net and caught a few just to see how big the were.we caught one that was a monster and i would love to figure out how to get them to bite.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Kenny, some people use cut carp for bait (fishin for kats) and seem to have good luck with it. So maybe you might give it a try!!!

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I bet you had fun with light equipment.

cut it up for bait.

Danny

7. catdaddy75

catdaddy75 Guest

funny lookin skippers lol least ya was catchin fish

8. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    i didnt know they would hit them either but we was just casting them in the curent and cranking them in real slow and would get a hit just about every cast we hooked a couple we couldnt do anything with they would just strip line and never slow down but i had alot of fun with them

9. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    I am pretty sure the first and 3rd picture are buffalo not common carp?? We catch them on jigs all the time.

10. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    yea thats what they are but ive never caught any of those before so i didnt know at first have caught plenty of carp in my life but those where the first buffalo ive ever had my hands on