2oz bank sinker mold?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by daniel-delarosa, Mar 17, 2007.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Does anyone have a bank sinker mold that has all 2oz's or 4oz's in it that they will loan out or sell?? I got a huge roll of lead and I want to make some bank sinkers. I went to BassPro the other day and all they have is a mold that goes from 1/2oz to 1 1/2. I mostly use 2oz sinkers and wouldn't have much use for anything smaller. BassPro did have a pyramid sinker mold that that varied from 2oz to 6oz, but I didn't know for sure if there was a disadvantage to using pyramids instead of bank sinkers.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    do-it molds makes a 1-2-3-4-5oz mold, sure bass pro can order you one if you ask them.

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You can order a do-it mold from Catfish Connection, or Barlow's Tackle that will make all one size sinker. I think they will pour 4 per mold. I've got one that pours 4- 3oz. and one that pours one of each_2.3.4.5oz. I've also got an egg sinker mold that pours one of everything up to 3oz.

I can't remember with one of the two places I mentioned are cheaper, but I think with the difference in locations, and shipping, they ended up about the same.

I forgot about another one. Stamina is another company I've ordered molds from. I got one from all three to see who was the fastest to ship, and they all got there about the same time.

4. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    There's abait shop a few miles north of Newkirk called Poor Boys that rents molds his name is Fred Hunter. He also is a very good guy to deal with I usally just take my bulk lead and trade for sinkers give him a call at 580-362-5245 he runs abait route all over the state he may be coming your way soon

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Daniel, I have almost two dozen molds and while I don't rent them out, I do allow other fishermen to use them. In just a few hours you could pour more sinkers than you can possibly use in an entire season. All you will need is your lead and time. Just let me know if interested. Got them all - just about. No-rolls, no-snags, banks, Pyramid, bell, pencil, claw, from about 1/8" at the smallest to 1 pound at the largest.

6. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Bill that's a sweet deal you got going on!

Daniel those pyramid sinkers are designed for faster water. The pyramids are less prone to roll along the bottom in swift current but either will work in calm water.

Lawrence my nephew has bunches of molds also. Like you he doesn't loan his molds but on a rainey day I can stop by his house and mold to my hearts content.

I sometimes mold my own no-snags using kitchen spoons. I picked up several old spoons at a garage sale and just pour my lead in the spoons. Then I drill a hole in the pointy end of the lead for my line. Not the greatest in swift water cause they like to swim up off the bottom but great in rocky areas with only a little current! On muddy bottoms they tend to suck down tight which can be good if it's windy.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Well, I don't think he/they will wear the molds out. I know everyone don't just have $30.00 laying around they can buy a mold when they want. So, I let them use my molds. LOL.

I will be taking them to Keystone in June also - so it your wanting to pour some sinkers, bring your lead and look me up. I believe TopSgtLarence is going to bring his molds also. I probably have enough 5 ounce bank sinkers to last the rest of my life. LOL

and, Larry, I believe those are called "no-snag" sinkers instead of no-roll. Little difference... I once made a post titled something like "a rose by any other name" but can't find it anymore. Seems my search feature does not work, and the feature where we used to be able to find all our post apparently has been removed. Oh well, maybe it will work for you....

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I will bring my sinker Making equipment to Keystone. If any member have not Made or seen sinkers being made you all are welcome to Join in the fun! Bring you lead or wheel weights and we will get it on!

9. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    well I can say that I learned something new today on here. I just called sinkers sinkers didnt even pay attention to the fact that the different shapes were for different uses. Thanks for posting this thread