2nd weekend in October

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by jonnycat, Sep 8, 2006.

1. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I live just out of Baltimore Md. I was born in Jesup at Wayne Memorial in 1963. My daddy's mama will be 93 the 2nd weekend in Oct. She lives in Pooler just off Rte 84 I think it is. This all said, I need some help from some of you locals in Wayne or Appling counties. My father is Reverend Hubert R Hart and he was raised in the swamps of the Lanes Bridge region. I would like to ask you fellows from that area if it will be worth trying to fish the Altamaha at night that time of year. I would be willing to pay expenses if some one is interested in taking an out-of-towner for some Flathead fishing. I fish the James, Rappahannock, and Potomac rivers in Virginia and Maryland. I will make it well worthwhile if anyone is game. Carter Bite landing is just around the bend in the road from where the T intersection is. My dad's brother lives in the old weathered tin roofed house with barns about a quarter mile from the T. I have never really been on the Altamaha but a couple of times and that was years ago. Please respond here or a PM would be highly appreciated. I didn't mean to ramble on but its about fishing so I can't help it. Thanks in advance for the help and/or replies. Later for now---Jonathan Hart(a.k.a. "jonnycat")

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Two of the local from that area are the boss, Paul Louderback, and Jim Hudson, aka Gator.

Knock em in the head with a PM and let em know your comming.

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    They would be your best bet for catchin

4. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    hey johnnycat,
    can't really say how good the fishing will be in october because you never know what the river stage is going to be .I am loading my gear in the boat to head to Carter Bite for a night of flatheading. We are planning a fishing tournament there in the next few weeks.I have'nt fished that far upstream yet but I have a buddy with a place on the river so maybe we can find some good spots.A guy from there caught a 93 lb. flat on a bush hook so the fish are there.I don't mind taking someone with me as long as they don't mind fishing hard,I like to at least catch something before calling it quits. If I can help let me know,you can't have too many friends, and friends that like fishing makes it all the better.

5. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I will start to keep up with this forum so as to put a trip together for sometime this Fall. Thanks for the responses. Hope y'all had a good night fishing. I am preparing to head to the James River tomorrow night with my nephew for some giant bluecats. Wish us well. Later for now---jonnycat