2nd Personal Best In 3 Days !!! Me and Josh32207 Hit Up The Neuse Once Again !!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Catfishin_Farm_Boy, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Hay Yall

Well I did it again !!! 2nd personal best in 3 days !!! What a week I have had !!!

My buddy josh aka Josh32207 called me up on thursday evening outta the blue and says lets go fishin... Fattie Flattie Fever has overcome him once again .... Seems like the fever has been payin off...

So me and josh and his kin folk trent head off for the Neuse river... We arrive around 10 a clock.. Get all set up and the wait begins...

Sometime a good while after we were there ran into Brent aka Cat'n Around... It was good to finally meet you and tracy... Enjoyed shootin the bull with you for that little spell of time bud... Thanks for the tips also..

Action was really slow... Water was drop'n purdy quick. I'd say it fell about 1 foot or more.. Josh catches a really nice blue 7 pounds or so... The action dies back off...

Around 2:00 we decide to put this monster bluegill on thats about 10 or 11 inches long... Hooked em in the back and sling em on out there... 2:20 ish clicker starts goin on.. I pick up the rod and can feel the bluegill goin nuts. Something was definitly after it so I just put the rod back down and maybe 2 minutes goes by and that clicker starts squealin like a fully stocked hog house.. I picked up the rod and get in position for the hook set.. Clicked the handle and rail back on em.. Pole automaticly doubles over and drag is singin now.. I'd pull him in and he'd run back.. back n forth.. Hillbilly vs Fattie Flattie 2... he made a few really long runs and then up river into a few other lines but amazingly he didnt get me tangle'd in any of them.. I got him back down river.. 40 mins went by and I finally get him to tire out and come in close... Josh pounces on em like a spider monkey and gets a lock on em with a one handed noodle'n grab... We pull em up for a better look he looks like a true beast !!.... We are all fired up once again..Trent has never seen a flattie before and was just in amazement ...

7'6 med hvy bass rod with a 5500 abu had braid on this one... What a Fight !!! What a Fight !!!

Cause of some scale failure I got ahold of Brent aka Cat'n around and he so kindly said he would come down with his scales to weigh it for me... Brent showed up and we weighed the beast... Thanks brent that was really nice of you to weigh the fish for me.. I really appericate it bud !! :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

39.6 is what the scale read.... New Personal Best Flattie !!! 2nd time in 3 days... Hopefully it keeps goin up more and more...

Fished until around 8 am.... Trent caught his first ever flattie. A couple pound fish... Congrats on that !!!! Josh caught another good blue and a 10 or so pound flattie and a few little flatties.... I caught another flattie that was a few pounds...

Thanks Josh and Trent for another great trip that I will never forget... Was a blast like always !!! Also thanks again Brent !!

Cant wait to break this personal best soon..

39.6 .................................................................

Attached Files:

2. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    CPR'd all Fish and More Photos....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009

3. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Congrats again Erik!!!! Congrats Trent!!!! Job well done Josh!!!! Erik have you ever thought about becoming a story writer? I thinnk you could write some pretty good books there hillbilly. The 50lber is waiting fo rme to get up there by the way.......

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    erik, congrats on some nice fish. that must be a real honey hole there. keep up the good work buddy.

5. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Much better avatar Hillbilly.......Must of used the bass for bait.....

6. nccatgirl

nccatgirl New Member

State:
    NC
    Erik, congrats man... you are killing me with another beast in just 3 days. I'm turning green with envy... Nicole.

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Heck of a nice fish man! You've been on a roll here lately, congratulations:big_smile:

8. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    congrats on the new pb!.........hope to see you break it again soon!

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...CPR'd all Fish..."

Glad to hear that!!

That fish looks bigger than 39 pounds. You could have told me 50 and i would have believed it.

10. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  11. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    ERIC ,congrads on the new pb ,way to go ,

12. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State: