2nd NEBRASKA GATHERING DATE

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by Big Vic, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Lake vote's will be ending soon, what do ya have in mind for dates ? There has to be a better way to do this besides voteing. I have talked with some boc members in Kansas and they had quite a time with the voteing too. A lake and a date needs to be set and have the main gathering at that set date and lake every year. Then we should be able to get together for smaller gatherings at different places,agreed upon at a later date. Even if it is only a small number of people. So in my opinion we have the lake, now lets agree on a date, and leave it that way. Then if we want to get together some where else later so be it. As far as the river gathering lets have it at Nebraska city and pick a time when the fishing is the best, the guys on the river know when that is I have never fished the river. And if that is something that people want to do every year then keep it that place and date too. That way eveyone knows where to go and when.

your thoughts please !!

2. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    a good time for any gathering is august this year the 8 and 9th sound good to me but so does any time in may and june but i lean towards june and august but ill be fishin all year :roll_eyes: as for the river sounds like an EXCELLENT IDEA TO ME..

3. newestcathunter

newestcathunter New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Any weekend date would be great with me. I would assume weekends work best for the majortiy of people but I will personally make any date work :)

4. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

well someone just throw a date out and well see where that gets us...How bout the first weekend in june???

5. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    the 6th and 7th? if thats the weekend your suggesting..lol..sounds good to me

6. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

yea the 6th and the 7th of June

7. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    June 6 - 7 That is the same weekend as the Kansas gathering ! I have talked to some Kansas brothers and there were a couple of them that talked about comeing up for the Nebraska gathering. I would like to see the Nebraska gathering be on a NON - conflicting weekend with any of the other gatherings. At least with the neighboring states. I think also that would only be fare to the other gatherings. So here is my date - first weekend in May ! Make the big gathering early everyone has the itch wanting to get out and catch some of the spring fishingthat way to. :smile2: :cool2:

8. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    sounds A-OK with me

9. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    TOMORROW! Can you go warm up the lake about 20 degrees to melt the ice?

10. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    no need tomorrow if it gets to 50 !!! :cool2::smile2::smile2:

11. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    This is getting to be a mess !!! Last weekend in June ?
    Anybody ??

12. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    mess? i think when someone plans on goin fishin they should just post it and say if ya'll wanna come this is where ill be and when.. cuz the only thing im beginning to gather from this is suggestions are rare until a decision has been made then the suggestion is to change the decision. so if ya'll actually decide on a gathering place before the seasons over ill be more then happy to be there..other then that anyone is welcome to join me anytime i drop a line in the water anytime anywhere.. tight lines to ya ALL...

13. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

well I don't think we will find a date that will please everyone...but we got lots of time

14. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well it looks like alot of us have conflicting ideas for the dates on the gatherings! I know we have the time, but this needs to be set in stone.

WHERE AND WHEN??

1st. gathering date? where?
    2nd. gathering date? where?

For myself, I'm flexible and will go with the dates anybody decides on!

Alot of talk about the first weekend in May for the first gathering.

Lets see some posts for this.

Feedback please!!

15. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i can make any date that there is not a tourny

16. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I will be at Branched Oak June 26-27-28 all welcome !!:smile2::cool2:

17. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    What happend !! Everybody mad ? :smile2: :smile2:

18. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Makes me wonder!! Heck, if nobody wants to respond and have this gathering, then so be it. We'll just fish ourselves and whomever wants to attend, more power to them!! Myself, I'm an easy going fisherman that loves to BS and have a great time. Would love to chit chat and fish with some more Nebraska and even Kansas, Iowa and surrounding area BOC members!! Come On guys!! Lets get this ball a rolling, not unless you're CHICKEN!! BRACK BRACK!! LOL!! just kidding!!:smile2:

19. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    ROFLMFOA~!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr

I think I can arrange to be there then. I'd put it on my calender but I don't have one.