2nd Annual AZ - CA Colorado river camp-fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by riverbud55, Dec 27, 2006.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    well after a lot of talk I thought its time to start a thread on the next gathering for the river, going to try keep the post going into the gatherings section http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514351#post514351 as so the dudes from az and ca can keep things up to date togather.

going to be the same spot as last year Mayflower county park in Blythe CA, but in the month of May or early June there's only 2 weekends that are going to work in May (thur)5/3 to (sun)5/6 or (thur)5/17 to (sun)5/20 the other 2 weekends are mothers day and Memorial Day, I also would think we mite think about the weekend after Memorial Day 5/31 to 6/3 as i think there wont be a lot of peps out that weekend after being out the week before

this is the time of year that we got all the big flats last year so we should all have a good chance for the big one

2. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Dale,

Thanks for the post....all AZ members, lets get this thing rolling. :big_smile:

Ryan

3. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    i may be game... would love to check the area out in the jon boat....depends what weekend of course though

suey

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Ryan and you AZ boys, can't wait to meet up with you folks at the River. I used to fish Blythe area in the 60's and have been there recently as well. Ryan, that "avatar" picture of you has a nice Kat in it. What body of water are you on with that post? If you want to come to "our delta gathering" it is only 10 plus hours from Blythe, but the invite is there if you are interested...

bayrunner ray

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I missed out last year, but not this year. I will be there.

Thanks Dale~

6. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Ray,

I caught that blue cat on the Coosa River in Georgia...My wife and I lived there for about a year and a half. It was there that I really fell in love with catfishing because river fishing is always much more active. I caught the cat in the middle of a rainstorm just minutes after all of the boats pulled off the water.

As far as the Delta Gathering, I would love to be there...the only thing is that it may be too far for us to get there. We will see. It takes me about 4 1/2 hours to get to Blythe.

Ryan

7. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Missed last year, but will do my best to make it this time.

8. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Our AZ section has grown quite a bit with some really nice folks. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone who can make it and fishing a different area of the state I have never tried before.

~A

9. Vulture

Vulture New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Hey Bud count me in. You know I'll have a place to stay and a boat that is running better than last time. Just let me know when and if you need me to bring anything or help set up.
    Duck hunting has been good by my place. Haven't fished much because of that. Duck season ends on the 28th of this month. Look out cats! I'll be ready for this time.

10. Husker

Husker New Member

State:
    Scottsdale, Az.
    When fishing this part of the river, what kind of boat is best to run this area? As I have a 18'5" deep-v with a 120hp Force on it and would not like to tear it up on rocks and sand bars. Any info on this would help me alot. Or are you guys fishing from the bank?

Husker

11. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Arizona fishermen, I did not post to the original post, but did so at he gatherings section... information on the river, and conditions for the May gathering... check it out

bayrunner ray

12. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Hey folks sounds like the vote has given us a date for the first weekend of
    May, i'll be posting the info in the gathering section

Husker: your boat should be ok just got to take it slow untill you know your way, by that time of the year the water will be running at it s highest, but you'll need to know the trak path not much of any under water rocks but there are sand bars and trees to be found, just found my 1st tree the last time out but the water is at it lowest now, if you have a gps it helps to keep you on the the same path

Hey Greg well be seeing ya there dude and im sure before then, we'll be on the hunt by mid march

Andy: going to be good hookn up with ya dude, are ya pulling down that rebuilt toon? it should do good on the river, with that 25hp it will be slow going up river but ti will make it, dude when ur ready to hit the river up let me know and we'll hook up

Picksecky and Suey hope to see ya out there, suey hope the date works out for you

hope to here from he rest of the AZ dudes, havent heard or seen anything from mathew cook, or don and mark g, hope all you are doing good hope ya all make it again

sounds like were on the way of having a good turnout and hope to see some more of the AZ folks

cya all later and good fishing

13. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona

I could not find the thread you are posting the info on. Can you post a link here or the name of the thread will help also.

Thank you.

14. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Little Luey, go to the BOC Gatherings Page.... and get new stuff on the gathering. Its the first week of may at Mayflower Cty Park, north of Blythe, CA

see you there, Bayrunner ray

15. Marc_g

Marc_g New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Can't be for sure, but looks good for me if work doesn't get in the way

marc g

16. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    thought i should make a post here

man less then 2 months to go cant wait for them flats 2 start

started a new thead in the gatering section it starts off giving the dates, thought it mite help if it had the dates in the first post, use the link below

hey vulture (greg)is trying to get a head count on how many peeps that mite want to get some boc gathering shirts made up, im thinkn that would be kool

17. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    greg(vulture) is getting some t shirts made up for the gathering, i think he said they were going to be somthing near $12ea, think going to be getting them in a lite gray, we need to get a count by the end of the first week april. got a pic of what there going to look like

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22659&d=1174538590
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22660&d=1174538590

please place your order @http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43021,, its the same link below my name