296 yards rushing

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Ketch, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Adrian "All Day" Peterson rushes for 296 yards today setting the all-time NFL single game mark. This along with his 3 TD's sure makes for a good game on the way to a 35-17 win.

Peterson just received his 2 consecutive Offensive Rookie of the Month award. And has recently been named Minnesota's "starter" while leading the NFL in rushing yards.

LT rushed for 40 yards and a TD (I think that was his yardage).

Peterson stated that he just couldn't bring himself to run out of bounds. If this kid stays healthy, there won't be much he can't do.

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    yep, that's our guy...i wish he had stayed at OU one more year, but he made the right move...he also made a bunch of viking fans happy:wink:

3. riverwiskers

riverwiskers New Member

State:
    kelly nc
    That is just insane. Unbelievable!!!

4. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I'm not too happy though:sad2:
    My oppoent in fantasy football had that boy. He got more points than my WHOLE team!!!:sad2::sad2:
    But WOW...what a player!!!

5. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    This week, in my Fantasy League, my opponent has Peterson, P. Manning, and Randy Moss:angry:. Luckily, he has a lot of other busts. If I can get a few points outta Jeff Reed and Todd Heap (if he plays) on Monday, I might be able to win....

Yes Phil, this is one happy Vikes fan. And luckily, we got everyone warmed up for the late game. Who would have thought that the Vikes would have the highest score of the double header matchup today.:big_smile:

6. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    AP is for real, he is a tough runner.

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Don't really understand how he slipped to the #7 Pick. Guess it was the injury thing. I really hope that he keeps it up. Truly great running backs are few and far between.

8. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    too bad we dont have a quarterback or any recivers to help him out GO VIKES !!!!!!

9. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    C'mon Bill we got.......Okay, we got rush defense and Peterson, that's it.

10. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Groosman will be available next season if the vikes are interested. :wink:

No wait, he should go to Green bay to take Farve's spot.:smile2:

that will definatly help the NFC north division.

11. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yeah, Grossman going to the Pack would be the best thing to happen to the Vikes.:smile2:

12. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Guys, A.D. was no secret while he was at OU.... but still I don't think most people outside of Oklahoma knew just how special this kid really is. I was really hoping he'd go to either Houston or Dallas, but I reckon Minnesota oughta get to enjoy him. You guys got a phenomenal running back, not just a good one, an absolute phenom. At Oklahoma, we got to see him run off and leave defensive backs every week. We saw him run over opposing linebackers & just generally make defensive coordinators stroke out nearly every game. We got to see him at his best his freshman year. HIS FRESHMAN YEAR!!!! It's not normal for a freshman athlete to walk into an OU locker room & immediately get respect, but Adrian did. The first time they saw his physique, they knew he was a hard worker & he was deserving of their respect. That's from the horse's mouth, those ain't my words, they're the words of OU's upper classmen his freshman year.

My favorite aspect of Peterson is his work ethic. This kid will work his tail off in and out of season, and you won't read stories about him getting in trouble. He's a good kid, and he's a hard worker. You got a goodun, and I ain't kidding. In a world of idiot athletes like "Manny being Manny" and Pacman Jones types, there are still some guys who go out and do things the right way everyday, just like many of us do..... they take their jobs seriously, and perform to the best of their ability. They do the right thing. That's Adrian Peterson.

You guys have probably already noticed, just like we in Oklahoma did, that he will be better in the 3rd & 4th quarters than the first 2 quarters, and he will continue to stay in bounds & put a lick on the defender closest to him. That's just him. He's in better physical condition than the defenders who are playing against him, and he is gonna be great in the late quarters when the defense is wearing down. I'm glad he went to a team & a state that will appreciate him. I'm also glad the vikes have such a good offensive line. It'll make him look all that much better.

Anyway, enjoy him. We did.

13. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    That is a record to be proud of considering the greats that have played the game. That was heck of a game period. How bout that 109 yd field goal return.

14. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Of course I wasn't going to mention that record. lol