291 missouri river bridge

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by MiseryMike, Jul 7, 2009.

1. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    They are closing the north bound bridge due to rust? :confused2: hmm wasnt too long ago they reworked the bridges.

2. kurtk

kurtk New Member

State:
    Independence
    Just a few years ago, the north bound bridge was the ONLY bridge. The south bound one is new. I guess they'll be tearing down the north one and build another? It's just tax money, right? :confused2:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Still got river axcess though!!:wink:

4. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    with all the bridge problems in recent history is it any wonder why? just goes to show what a hundred or so deaths by bridge collapse can start.

5. kurtk

kurtk New Member

State:
    Independence
    We ought to get some people and try that out. Never fished there, always wanted to though.

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    It is a good place to put in. Maybe the lack of traffic will keep all the crazys out of there

7. 270shortmag

270shortmag New Member

State:
    Olathe Ks
    Isn't this the area a couple of years ago that the alligator was found by the Independence Police

8. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Cayman gator, I believe it was. Like 4 feet long. That used to be the only place I fished the river from, first bank, then boat, and it sure wasn't the crazies I worried about:roll_eyes::wink::crazy: Always made me nervous to see all the eager faces when I pulled up in the car and started walking down the trail in the woods to my spots. Like they were undressing me with their eyes. I swear, men can be such pigs!:smile2::smile2::smile2: When the dikes start popping up again (they are still there, right?) I'd like to hit that ramp again.

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    wonder if they are going to close the ramp when they start working on the bridge always thought about putting in there ,and running up to the city.

10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    wonder how far of a run it is from there up to the kaw?

11. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    16 miles if I remember correctly.

12. kurtk

kurtk New Member

State:
    Independence
    There are crazys down there?

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sometimes, you have to watch it when you are down there. I know people that have been approched by people down there asking them to do some weird and wacky stuff.:eek:oooh:

14. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Weird and Wacky is a good way to put it. I had to make an emergency run(s) to that restroom there one time, had my brother stand outside the door. Said "Do not let anybody come in here!" Course, being my brother, he was sittin in the truck when I came out.

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    291 south bound bridge now set up for north and south both. Opened at 5AM today. Used it going to the farm today.

16. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Really nice wing dike there for us bank fisherman.

17. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Ya, I didn't really know how to put it, with all the kids that get on here.:eek:oooh: