29 Fish on the Ohio River today!!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Nov 3, 2007.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Myself and prostreetS10 went out on the Ohio today. We caught 29 fish, this was personally my best, and he said it was his best day of fishing ever. 27 of the fish were Cats, Channels, Blues, and Flatheads all in the same hole. The 2 other fish were a big Drum, and a big Striper. Fish ranged from a couple pounds all the way up to a 29lb blue which is my PB Blue cat. Josh caught most of the blues including a nice solid 18lber, and one that would have went much higher had it not gotten off. If we would have landed all the fish we had runs on the number would probably be 40+ fish today. This day was a long time coming for the both of us, and its going to be hard to top. Probably could have got plenty more but we ran out of bait. Thanks again to prostreetS10 for taking me out today, its great to get out with another BOC brother, and to have a day like that was awesome, we will dinfinatley have to do it again soon. You guys weren't kidding, the river is certainly crazy right now. I think the craziest thing is that the 29th fish of the day was a 29lb Blue. We have some pics but we had to use a cell phone, we will try and get them posted for all to see as soon as possible.:smile2:

2. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Indeed it was by far the best fishing trip i have ever had as of yet. The 18# blue was my pb blue out of the river. Never would have thought that we would have caught that many different species of fish out of the same hole. Great to meet another BOC bro too had a killer time out on the water today. We are already planning on being out again next saturday see if we can do it again. It was great to catch that many fish at a time we actually had 25 or 26 fish boated by 9 and we got our stuff casted out by 6:30. they were just non stop. makes up for all them hours we have been on the river this year and got skunked. what a good time.

3. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Every fish was CPR'ed too.

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice job guys, me and Mellon were out at Tanners and he got a nice 12 lb Blue, we landed a ton of bait,shad, whites and skippies but no other whiskered fishes to be seen, couldnt get on the main river until 11 when the fog lifted. What general area where you guys at?? We also had to deal with 40 or so bass guys doing a tourney all around us all day.

Salmonid

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We were in the downtown area, wish we could have landed more bait, we had shad all over and couldnt net them for nothin.

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Kool Beans n Nice Going Guys, CONGRATS>

:big_smile:

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Sounds like fishing is still great downtown..Congrats..All them fish makes for a fun day

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the fishing. im sure you both had alot of fun, thats all that matters!!:big_smile: rollo

9. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Looks like y'all had a blast. Congrats to the both of ya on a fine day of fishing. There can be some great days of fishing there in downtown.

10. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    yea we had a blast. can't wait to get the boat back out again

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Good job guys, glad to see somone having a spectactular day lol. You guys should hit that hole all winter cause if they are in there now they will be there for the duration. If you haven't heard of it or tried it you should look up the In-Fisherman article on Frosty Flatheads. Take a 1 or 2 OZ. leadhead jig and put a 4 or 5 inch white or yellow saltwater grub on it and float thru the holes this winter verticle jigging. They have caught 60lb fish up in Minnesota on the upper mississippi that way. Just something to think about.

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Definatley have to give that a try for sure..

13. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on the nice fish looks like the ohio river is turning on with this rain coming in an this cold front they should be moven to deeper water befor long

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Finally got that pic to come through of the big blue of the day. Wish I could have got a better pic of her, but she already popped me in the side of the head once and I think she had enough of me by that point. CPR of course:big_smile:

Attached Files:

15. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

That spot looks real familiar...LOL

16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio

Yeah....New Richmond is a pretty small area....lol

17. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    that sounds like one heck of a outing

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds like a fun day on the water. Congratulations to you both on the PB's:cool2:.

19. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go guys! I envy you guys that get to fish the Ohio like that:eek:oooh: