27 Point Doe

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Grimpuppy, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    This is a 27 point doe that was taken in Clay County, KS last week about 20 miles from my house. We have been hearing about it since last week. It was in last nights paper.

Attached Files:

2. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Thanks for sharing. That has to be some kind of record.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks Jay, Howd your season go this year after losing the lease so late? Did the filmers kill the monster everyone was seeing? Hope ya done well at your other hunting spots.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    FREEKY! :crazy:

5. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I don't know if they got the big buck or not Johnny. If they did, they didn't stop and show anyone because I havn't heard anything about a big one at all this year. I did get a buck on opening day of rifle. He was an average 8 point rack but he was a mature big deer. Weighed 240 pounds, so I am pretty happy. Racks are nice, but in the end it is the food that counts. My two hunting partners are still trying to get their buck, so I have been doing a lot of walking for them.

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    That doe should make a great article for one of the outdoor magazines.

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That is the biggest antlered doe I have ever seen ! When I was surveying at Gulnare in Pike co. KY I saw a mounted 8 point doe that was pretty nice !

8. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    Sure looks like a little inbreeding going on. I saw pictures once of a LARGE buck that was 8 points on one side and the right tine was a mirror image of the left but had NO points on it.
    Congrats on the 8 point. A friend got one a few year back, a big one like that, and when he got the shoulder mount done the neck roast when removed weighed almost 30 lbs. The main tines were the size of a half dollar at the base and still larger than a nickle at the last tine. It had 18 inches between tips and at the widest part was about 34 inches. It was beautiful.

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    there was a 10 point doe harvested in ohio about 15 years ago...it scored pope and young above 160 i think..it was a dandy..it was on the front cover of ohio fish and game magazine

10. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    boy you got to wonder what the other bucks thought about the one buck that hit on her!....I can hear it now "I swear guys! it's a DOE!!!":smile2:

11. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That is crazy i have heard of does having antlers but not that big

12. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    That's a SHE-MALE! Biggest antlered doe I have seen too! Thanks for the pic! Quite amazing! Unique Trophy!!:wink::big_smile:

13. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That'll make you wonder how to tag it..LOL, I got my buck. errrrrr. doe,,,errrr, ummmm. It could also really confuse bucks. can you imagine a buck coming in to the smells and sounds of a mating couple and see a buck mounted on that. He'd run back to the herd and start spreading rumors immediately. LOL