27 lb. carp - Here it is take a look

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by catfish kenny, Dec 6, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I posted awhile back about my uncle catching a 27lb carp out of a pond on 4lb test well here is a pic of the pic and a pic of the lure he caught it on.They released it to the river because they didnt want it to die and the owners of the pond wanted it out so....CPR her it is!

Attached Files:

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That's a pretty nice size carp to be caught on 4#test line. I have some 4#test line that is some of the toughest line I have ever seen. I know you can catch some big fish on 4#test line,the secret is having your drag set properly! Tell you uncle congratulations on catching a nice carp.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thanks for the post. I would have loved to watch that fight. Carp are an awesome fight. :cool2:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice carp on that size line ,congrats to him,

5. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Wow, that was some feat for 4# line. It took some skill.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Larry I am not gonna let thee ole man read what you said his head is already swole up enough,he had a state record and let it go but that is a fisherman for you.......Keep the tayle alive:eek:oooh:

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that would be a good fight on any size line, but 4# is awesome!

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    That must have been one heck of a battle!

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    He told me he fought it for about 45 min or so and he thought he lost it the whole time:wink:

10. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kenny,
    That carp your uncle caught was a nice fish,but no where near a state record. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the official state record for carp in the state of Iowa is 50#.

Glenn

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glen,I have the book in the garage and I will get back to ya cause yer probably right

12. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Nice fish thanks for sharing it with us

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kenny,
    I got my information from the Iowa DNR website. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.

Glenn

14. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Catch a lot of big carp in late winter around here usually right after iceout. Lots of nice channels too. Use ultralight spinning gear and 4lb test. One of the best lures is a little jighead, eigth ounce usually, and a tube by panfish assassins. My favorite color is grey with blue fleck almost exactly like the one in the pictue, or the bigger fish and channels usually come on a color called Electric Chicken.

Nice fish. Dru

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nope Glen but when I talk to that ole cuss gonna see how old his book is and get him a new one.....You know how them ole men are.....:eek:oooh:

16. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Real nice catch. I bet he can teach some of us youngins have to fight the big ones, plus I bet he has some good fishing stories.

17. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    that is some big fish to land on 4# line. Your Uncle most know how to fish. tell him for me congrats. John

18. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    up in west virginia my grandpa owns 3 ponds (but he died) but i dont think that there is any carp in there:0a18:

19. Parasite

Parasite New Member

State:
    N.Colorado
    Very Nice Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    4# test, 20+lbs. target, that's my kind of fishing! He should consider himself a lucky man! I've hooked man big fish on light line, caught several, and lost more. Every second you fight the fish is one second closer to a catch or one second closer to another "the one that got away" story.