#26.6 Pb Blue , Hartwell

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JimmyJonny, Nov 11, 2008.

1. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Well I drug my rear out to Hartwell last night in search of the blues . I anchored my Jeep in 2 holds on the edge of the channel , sandy bottom......Looked good ; )

I got my holders out and set rod #1 with a JimmyJonny bream head/gut pocket combo....4' of water , 20' from shore . On the next rod was a ninja Greenwood perch head combo as well.....10'ish of water and 50' out .

All night I had no bites...I froze my @$$ off . Come daylight I was making a fire , giving it my normal 1 more hour till I call it a day .

Just as I lit my lighter for the fire , rod #1 went off . He actually took a few to get him in , he was a tough fish . Well I got him to shore but I still had to sink in the mud/water a few feet ( that sucked ) . Well this blue was the most pissed off fish I have ever seen !!! He thrashed and bit hard ...he was actually chomping on me non stop . Normally they nail ya but this blue would even turn and bite you , LOL .

So here he is my new 26.6 Blue Cat . Oh and btw , this blue had 3 other hooks in him that I took out . The thrashing Kitty has been taken no names on Hartwell .

He was released and decided to splash me on the way out . A long cold night with a great ending.

Me and da fish....

http://usera.ImageCave.com/JimmyJonny/100_3024.jpg

http://usera.ImageCave.com/JimmyJonny/100_3020.jpg

This pic isn't any good but you can see the length a lot better than the 1st pic.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/JimmyJonny/100_3019.jpg

-Jim-

2. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    very nice! thanks for the story!

3. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    congrats on your PB blue. Very good fish.

4. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    JimmyJohnny,
    I used to live in Easley. Grew up there all my life until we moved down to the beach for a job back in 2002.
    Where do you normally fish there? I never catfished there while living there. I always had my heart set on Santee.
    Thanks for the post,
    Jonathan
    bearfrog1@yahoo.com

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congratulations on a really nice and solid P.B. Bluecat!!!!!

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats on your new PB blue. That was preetty cool about the hooks I bet he was glad to get them out kinda like having sore tooth pulled.:smile2:

7. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    I shot ya a Pm ; )

-Jim-

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    That's a nice fish JJ, your team should be proud that you are fishing your ass off!!!!

9. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    nice PB there jimmy. Keep up the good work

10. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Got your message. I'll keep your secret spot a secret. Maybe alittle rain will wash away your tire tracks...lol

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Go Jim! Very nice. I see you are putting those borrowed rods to use! I hope you catch that Blue again and again! Are you an ameture dentist? :smile2:LOL!!!:wink:

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the Blue, sounds like a nice fish!!

13. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Jimmy! Prolly hanging around with me all day brought you good luck :smile2:

14. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Congrats Jimmy. You've stayed after them on Hartwell more than anybody I know. You deserve it. Keep it up.

15. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats Jim. Nice PB and thanks for the story and pics.:wink: You shoulda got Pat to marinade you some Lucky Scrimps yesterday.:smile2:

16. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    Congrats Jimmy on your PB. Great fish and story. If I may ask what kind of rod and reel were you using and line. (Mono, braid and Lbs test). I like to know this information on sucessful catches. Thanks again for sharing.

17. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Jim, that is a great fish man. Congrats on the new PB and thanks for the pictures

18. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    The rod is a 7' ugly stick , m/h , Cat Rod. The reel is a Shakespeare Axiom spinning reel that I borrowed , not a very big reel . I put #50 Power Pro braid main line on it and used #40 Red Cajun leader....6/0 Circle hooks .

19. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    NICE fish and story! Wow, THREE hooks in him already! That's wild! As much as I have fished, I've never caught a fish with another hook in him. I hear of it happening all the time though.
    Bill in SC

20. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I let a 5lb flathead go several years back. He had a black rusting treble hook in him. Felt good to do a good deed and let him swim hookfree...