250 Black Sheep

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Flamekeeper, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Has anybody used or seen this reel around anywhere?. maybe know someone that has one, was wondering how well it is built, and just how close is it to the CV-Z 300A OR THE CV-X 300A ?. does anybody know?.
    Sure would like to hear some input on this reel.

Thanks ahead of time for any info:cool2:, Kenny

Daiwa Millionaire Black Sheep 250

Line Capacity: 150m of PE:4. (40lb braid)
    Gear ratio: 5:1
    Ball Bearings: 10 + 1 roller
    Weight: 355 grams.
    Drag capacity: 7kg

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Nobody on the BOC , knows anything about this reel ?.
    I thought I was going to find out something,,Must be a pretty good reel, being there is no critics.

Sometimes no answer gives you the answer,Thanks Guys :cool2:

3. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    I've heard of the "Millionaire" series before. After looking at the link that Phil posted it looks like you have to be a millionaire just to afford one. $495 is a little much in my book for a catfish reel, in my opinion.

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    thanks Phil, Bro, I was hoping someone owned one on the Boc, just to see what they were worth.and how the reel performed; man you can get a AVET EX 2 Speed for that.

Terry ,Yep they have a high price tag for sure. But they are 1 of the best Levelwind reels around besides the ABU RCN 60's ,ABU's Morrum's Heck all of ABU's reels are good IMO:wink::smile2::smile2:

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

pricey, for sure, Kenny. but it sure is a sharp looking reel, even if it is a baitcaster:wink:

i have accidently stumbled into quality, and it is, for the most part, worth the difference (http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60368)

i now have 20 combos, and in 2 weeks i will have 6.....and i expect 4 of those to last me the rest of my life. i will thin out my collection in a yard sale soon, and use the proceeds to upgrade my preferred choices:big_smile:

6. olskoolsoulja

olskoolsoulja New Member

State:
    Australia
    Hi,
    The black sheep as the name suggests (its the badass one in the family)was made as a saltwater inhsore reel after the jap goverment declared bass a noxious pest( halfing the fishing market there) and has all the drag to go with it over 10kg with carbontex washers!! casts well . I use mine to cast lures and to stop 1 meter plus barramundi (bass on steriods) in the sticks (trees in a flooded dam ) these fish will bust you up and leave you shaken even when using 50lb braid and 80lb twisted leaders and both thumbs on the spool.I hope that helps . (i just found this site google searchn for custom parts for my reel). Im sure this reel would have no problem turning a big cattie around on the spot.

Merry Christmas
    Rich

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Hendo Welcome to the BOC and Merry Christmas to you and your Family .

8. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    hello Hendo just wanted to say we all hope to see ya around the board from time to time.I have a cousin in perth I think,tell us some down under fish tale's.:tounge_out:

9. olskoolsoulja

olskoolsoulja New Member

State:
    Australia
    Hi all,
    Im currently overseas with the army so i dont have any pics of our fishing that i can show you.
    This morning I was searching though japaneese online tackle shops and found a Diawa'ize factory black sheep limted edtion, bigger handle ,lighter spool ,sic bearings( 1 left so i bought it, chrissy present for me)). they say it's used in asia to cast unwieghted rubber frogs for SnakeHead
    ( a bit catfish a bit eel and a bit bass with a scary set of teeth) They catch em in thick lilly pads and weigh 10kgs.

We dont have big catfish in Aust some freshwater , and the saltwater type are a real pain. Fishing one night I hooked into a big flathead and was very happy. When i landed it , it was a 1 1/2 foot catfish (no good to eat bait theifs)) so I kicked it back into the water ,only problem was i didnt have any shoes on. The pain from there barbs is intense to say the least and the only way to stop the pain is to put (in this case ) your foot into the hotest water you can handle.
    A teenage girl pulled the barb out for me (so i thought ). 1 1/2 months later i was at work and had a massive throbing in my foot. I took my shoe of and had what appeared to be a pimple , so i poped it . A barb about 1/2 inch long from the catfish came out of my toe (and a lot of puss):eek:oooh:.
    Tight Lines

10. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother Hendo;
    G'Day Mate!:big_smile: I've had that same thing happen to me a couple of times. Once you pop it the infected barb/sliver/ect. comes out in the puss and the sucker heals fast! That is your body and Mother Nature working together to get the "invader" out of your body! Same thing if you get a sliver of wood or metal in a finger or hand.
    Hopefully, you have learned NOT to do that barefoot anymore!:smile2:
    Ya' Know, if you get bored you could always go after Great Whites off your Barrier Reef off the eastern part of your country. That is something I have always wanted to do was to visit Australia and hunt "Buff's" and go after some Great Whites.
    Doubt that it will happen in this lifetime but ya never know. :big_smile:
    Take Care Mate, Keep your shoes/boots on when ya go kicking stuff and don't go swimming with those salt water crocodiles you all have on the Northeast end of your wonderful country!
    Fraternally and Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

11. ahab

ahab New Member

State:
    texas
    Wow! thats one beautiful reel!-I guess you must love the finest tackle out there and have deep pockets. You could probably stop a runaway box car with that reel. :cool2: