25 hp Johnson water pump change question

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Catfish Pursuit, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello, I need to replace the water pump in my 2000 25hp Johnson outboard and am having some problems. I took the black screens off the lower unit and unbolted the threaded fitting on the shaft and also removed the four lower unit bolts but the housing is still stuck on the motor. What else do I need to do to get it free, did I miss something? Thanks, Chris

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    You didn't look at the pictures I posted of that pump change. Go find the thread and review it. Yes you missed something. You'll see it in the thread.

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Now I know why you never saw it, I can't find it either.

HEY MODS, how bout it, you want to locate that thread in changing a 25 hp water pump and get it posted under the carb thread?

I spent the time on explaining and picture taking, Ya'll could at least keep it visible to our members. And please don't just stick it in the library. Put it out here where people like to find it.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Sounds like a good one for the library, IMO

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I found it, and please redo your avatar, it looks rediculous.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30616&highlight=water+pump

It doesn't belong in the library only, it belongs where members who need it can readily see it. Bubba posted this for me and had a part in doing it. Before I ever do another, this one will be posted permanantly on this section.

Do I sound a little miffed, you got it!:choler:

6. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Thanks Bobpaul, I'm jealous, I wish mine was that easy.:roll_eyes:

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Jason yours is that easy. You will see that when you finally get it apart.:tounge_out: