24 hours of daytona

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    anybody watching? the season starts!!! alright!

2. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i'll be watching but this will be the last year that i do with Toyota coming into the nextel cup and Nascar saying they want to get away from the good old southern boy rep

3. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I'm with you pendog. Nascar is getting too big for it's boots. It abounds with millionairs and too many average working guys are footing the bill.

It's all about money,money,money. And they don't care where it comes from. Leather jackets for $300 +, die cast cars $100 (and gold plated at that)

We have allready lost 2 tracks. Will Bristol be next?? It Will if somebody offers enough $$$$. And they will, just to get the race date so they can build another larger track some where out west. We aren't losing Nascar, They Are Dumping Us.

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Nascar seems to be going the way Indy cars did. Drivers That I can't say there names etc. Stockcars are about chevy ford and dodge. America mom apple pie.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$ matters more than anything else anymore.
    Bill:crying:

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    that is exactly what they are doing. It is sad they are trying to make nascar like indy. i knew that when they started having races there

6. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    I believe the next track to join the Nascar ranks will be the new one Rusty designed in Iowa! Not to far from KC and in the midwest where Nascar is trying to develope!

Back to the 24 - Nice to see rookies win it! Chip has now expanded into everything but F1 - Any guesses how long before that will happen?

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya im not liking a lot of the things that are going on. the chase just killed it for me. more of a sweeps weeks than a championship run.