.22lr velocitor?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Addicted2Cats, May 8, 2006.

1. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    I was checking out the CCI site the other day and came across the "velocitor". It is a 40gr. copper-plated hollow point and has a speed of 1435fps. It says that is for "up to large varmints like coyotes" Has anyone here tried that cartrige and what were your results. I also want some opions on shot placement and maximum range for the .22lr on yotes sience thats what im limited to. :0a36:

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I wouldn't try it. It's still a .22lr and I wouldn't trust it on a coyote. I barely trust a .22 mag. I know msot people prefer a .22 centerfire for yote's.

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i have shot that round for a while,its a good round and hits pretty hard for a .22lr,i would think a close shot under 50 yards it would kill a coyote,i would rather a .22 mag myself i have pushed that round over 110 yards and put it through part on an old stump so the cci gets my vote

4. FishinChris

FishinChris New Member

State:
    Texas
    If that is all that your limited to then that would be the 22lr shell I would go with, but like the others said you really need something a little larger.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    if i was to try it a 12ga. with buck shot would be laying at my side. a wounded yote is not a toy! lol

6. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ

I personally have shot and killed probley over 100 yotes with my .22lr and never had a problem
    but everyone has their opoin