Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got home from fishing a local lake with Keith. I got me a couple 4lb channels a 8.5lb channel and a 22lb Flat the first channel had my live greenie still in his mouth an I tried to get a pic with it still in his mouth but he swallowed it before I could get a pic.

Caught 4 fish tonight 3 on Kat bobbers 1 one the bottom Caught 3 on live green sunfish (perch) an one on cut perch head.

I was tryin to get a good pic of the 8.5lb channel when my other rod started just taking off it had a 22lb flat I am glad I had a circle hook on that pole as I might of missed him if not. So I got a double the next post will be pics of the double

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I went out again last night I thru a kat bobber over in a good spot with a huge live greenie. Then while I was help unhook a 4lber from my fishing buddies someone hollers Shelby where's your bobber I look an its gone so I say it's a circle hook he should pull the clicker some but never does so I reel up the slack in the line an I guess I pissed him off because he just takes off an I fight him for a little bit felt like he was atleast 15lbs maybe bigger know head shake so I am guess it was a flat then all of a sudden he is off an I reel in an the hook just came untied I snell the circles but when I reeled in the line you could see that the leader never broke.

So I retie with the polomar knot as it won't come untied an throw the Kat bobber back out I only had two greenies so I put a 5-6" blue gill on an about 35mins later I hook a 3lb channel them channels are pigs if you just look at a 3lb channels mouth they dn't even have room to fit the bait in it's mouth.

I caught a 2 more channels about 4lbs an then my pole on the bottom with a big gill head on it starts screaming an I landed a healthy 11lber.

I was a nice night to get out night temps in the 70's that is my kinda fishing all the bugs were not to bad just the ticks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I meet up with Matt to do some fishing we went to a new spot that sure looked prime an maybe if that big bright Moon would go away I could get some more flats. But the channels have been biting preety good right now.

Matt got a 3-4lb channel an a bunch or other bites seems the fish were short biting sometimes an other times they would just take off.

I thru my kat bobber set at about 2' deep in 4-6' of water with a 4"-5" live bluegill an I finally got a good fish on my new Rod an reel 13lbs.

I went out yesterday night with some others buddies an a friend got a 11lb channel and a 13lb channel I caught a few maybe 5-6 can't remeber I did'nt get any pics fish not over 10lbs don't get there pics taken.

Here is a pic from tonight:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.