223 rem

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by zmoon, Jun 23, 2006.

1. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am looking to buy a nice ysed 223 rem. If you know of anyone willing to sell, please pm me

2. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Are you looking strictly for a Rem. 223. or a .223 in general. If the later is the case, may I make a suggestion. You might want to take a look @ www.armalite.com Wide variety to choose from, quality weapons. I have one of the AR15 in .223 caliber and love it.

3. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am looking to buy a 223 in general.....not partial to any brand. If i could find a decent used one, that would be preferable

4. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I waited alot of years till I had enough for a decient ar myself. I got mine this year. Colt sporter with a 16 inch barrel and collapsable stock. It is real accurate and a blast to shoot. I had looked at alot of 223 rifles and came to this conclusion. If I went with the bolt actions I would be paying about 3-500 for a decient one. I paid 8 for my colt and it will always be worth more than that if I need the cash. You can find a good ar for about 8 if you watch close and dont get in a hurry.

If I put my life on the line with one in the military it shoud be plenty good for hunting and plinking.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    maybe you should clarify your statement i have a 223 its a bolt , i use it for target shootin varmints and some hunting what would ya use a ar for ?two legged varmints

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I agree with reload.The use and rounds that you will be using mean everything in this.The bolt action rifles used for Varmint hunting normally have a 1 in 14 rifling twist and stabilize the 40 to 55 grain varmint bullets.The semi auto military so called by many "Assault Rifles" can have as much as a 1 in 7 rifling to stabilize the heaver and longer military type bullets.This is EXTREMELY important for accuracy.Luck,peewee-williams

7. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    YES

a faster twist is for heavier bullets and a slower twist is for lighter bullets.... if i am not mistaken

but that is very important cause if u cant stabalize the bullet it u wont get any type of accuracy and the bullets will proally hit the target sideways'

Jeff

8. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother Zach;
    Since your a fellow Missourian, and since I have some "small" knowledge of firearms, if you would send me a PM telling me what your looking for in detail, and what your going to be using the firearm for the most, along with the price range your looking at,
    I would be happy to contact my "people" and put out the word on the network I use and see if I can't help you out a bit?:smile2:
    Also, if your going to ask the Brothers and Sisters to help you out your going to have to be a bit more specific for them too! You will find the Brothers and Sisters to be very helpful and well meaning folks for the most part! :smile2:
    HOWEVER!, I don't think they do too well in the "Mind Reading" department! I know that "I" don't! That is why I am asking you to be more specific.:wink: :smile2:
    Looking Forward To Hearing From Ya,
    Fraternally and Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Message]]]]]