21 Channels

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Flamekeeper, May 11, 2008.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Got these 21 with my son Thursday at a lake in fishersville Ky ,Some of them are in the pan already.. Caught them on filleted chicken strips soaked in Stetson,:crazy:,thats right stetson cologne:smile2:,suspended at 8',My son talked me into it saying they would tear it up,and bro, they did.:smile2: these went from 1 1/2 -4# I think, just a guess..He said a friend told him to use his wifes perfume,but I went with the mans stuff, no offence because he said the perfume worked:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Got 6 yesterday/ no pics.aroun 3-4# each..

2. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    Gonna have to try that out

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Welcome John, to the BOC,,.

The pics would not take ,heres another try,
    Its not posting pics for some reason

4. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Just when you thought you had heard it all someone tells you he caught fish on cologne soaked bait!!! Goes to show you, you never hear it all.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Well of to the dollar store for some bait attractant. :big_smile: Thanks for the tip.

6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Another try on the Pics,,Here we go :eek:oooh:YEAH Tiny and Ozzy , man I thought The same thing when I was told, Laughed and laughed and was even laughing harder when I got to the lake and as soon as my sons float hit the water and leveled out ,It went straight down, and we caught fish after fish,man it was one of the best times w have had together fishing..cause I just kept laughing about the stetson chicken:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:Kenny

Attached Files:

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Nice work Flamekeeper...I have actually heard of using after shave in a Carp Recipe before...never tried it though...

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hmmm, you caught all females!!! :smile2:

9. fish_head

fish_head New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Well, I guess if WD-40 works, cologne would too! That is pretty strange:eek:oooh:, but I am behind this year and think I will try it. Not many but they have been decent size this year. This weekend should be good. I think I will try your idea. Thanks

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    nice mess of panners. yep. never hear the last tale of bait for catfish.

11. huskerkat

huskerkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Never in all my hundreds of years (old as you feel, right) heard of such a thing, but you can bet your a$$ I will be trying it! Nice string!

12. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I tell ya I will be taking it with me from now on.:smile2::smile2:
    I have 2 breasts cut up in a bag in the freezer now ,waiting for the next time out.

Heres what I done ,I layed a breast skin side down and filleted the top half off, leaving about a 1/2"-3/4" thick piece,and then sliced length-wise into 1/2" strips, then cut cross-wise into 3/4-1" chunks,(That leaves the skin on so you can run your hook thru it and back thru it again, to keep it on the hook) Put into zip lock bag and added about 3-4 tablespoons of the stetson and mixed well and put it up for the next trip...

Good Luck Guys ,,If them cats are there ,,they will hit this stuff for sure,,Let me know when you fill the baskets Bros.:smile2::smile2::wink:
    Kenny

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is very intersting. Congrats on the great day fishing.

14. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    Took a cut up fryer chicken with me the other night. Didnt use the perfume though and never got a bite so it must be the perfume that does the trick, I will be trying this next trip out

15. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I'm gonna have to try that out.

16. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Welcome to the BOC.Bro-

The chicken soaked stuff does not work everytime,:angry:
    man I was ready for another basket full:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I found that out yesterday, only caught 1 channel on it..Caught 1 flathead on cut bluegill and 3 other channels with the same.:cool2:

17. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the info. Another trick to put on my to-do list.

18. dawglover73

dawglover73 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Be sure to use Men's cologne, rather than the women's perfume your buddy originally told you to use. I'd hate to tell the ole lady I was out fishing and come home smelling like women's perfume.

19. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee

Yep i can hear that fight now:smile2:

My wife got a job at the chicken deboning factory in town here so i will be making her bring home chicken scraps to soak

20. Pillpeddler

Pillpeddler New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Dawglover73 has it! lol Doesn't suprise me though, cologne is a bug attractant... must work for fish too!
    :smile2: