20HP Chrysler 202HOL

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Shortarms, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Shortarms

Shortarms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I bought a boat with this engine on it. I was made aware that it didn't run correctly when I bought it. After rebuilding the carb I discovered that it was losing spark on 1 cylinder. Upon further inspection, I discovered that someone had been into the ignition system that probably shouldn't have. I found a lamp cord that was wired into it for a kill switch, several shadey looking butt connectors used in the condensor circuits and an ignition cable that was routed incorrectly and the flywheel had worn through it. I'd prefer to by the entire plate that rests under the flywheel and replace it all but it doesn't appear to be available. Anyone have any leads on where these parts may be available? Anyone wanna make some money and let me ship this headache to them and compensate them accordingly?

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Curtis get a serial number and model number for these guys. That could help them out in their reply .

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I am sure bubbakat and paul can send you to someone who would have it if you can get him the serial and model numbers for it. They are good for finding them older parts.

4. Shortarms

Shortarms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've been told it's a 1980 20HP model # 202HOL and the serial # is 1156.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Truthfully, Bubba might know.

I don't bother with Chrysler engines at all, Ted Williams is another one, and if I think a little, I'll come up with a couple more obsolete engines that can be fixed, but why?.

Put your money into the boat to make it as you like it and eventually, you'll get an engine that still has parts available, or are more easily obtained.

You sound like you can get the work done. Don't make it harder than it is.

Now wait and see what Bubba says.

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    It would make a good trotline anchor. Well The only place that I can see that might have some parts one be this one. http://www.twincityoutboard.com/

If they don't have any thing I would try e-bay. But as Bob said you will be throwing your money away. If it breaks down again the you are right back to square one.