2072 BIG CAT

Discussion in 'Boating' started by nightowl, Sep 6, 2007.

1. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    IM LOOKING AT THE 2072 GRIZZLY TRACKER BIG CAT WITH A 90 MERCURY 4 STROKE AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT ON THIS BOAT. ... HOW IT RIDES, HANDLES, FISHES ECT....

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I was looking at those also a while back.

Then I heard about the SeaArk boats. Just my opinion but I got a LOT MORE BOAT for my money with the SeaArk 2072.

Do yourself a favor and at least compare the two before you buy.

The Big Jons are the way to go though thats for sure. You won't regret it. I have a 90hp Yamaha pushing mine at 36 mph. Some folks will tell you you need more hp but 36 is pretty darn fast and it gets up on plane like a champ.

Good Luck no matter what you buy.

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    any of the 2072 series are nice rigs, I wish I would have just bit the bullett amd went that route. Never big enough, LOL!

36 MPH is good for speed with a 90 Hoss pushing.

What do you guess your boat weighs with full load?

4. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Paul, I wouldn't have a clue what it weighs loaded up.

Had to laugh about the never big enough statement. When I first looked at the 20 footers I thought "My God, That is HUGE". I was almost afraid of it. Now I give the 24 footers a longing look but you gotta stop somewhere unless you got money to burn. LOL

The 20 footer is plenty of boat for any sane person though and incredibly stable to boot.

I do notice performance drops drastically with the whole family (5) aboard and the 40 gallon livewell full but it still does pretty darn good.

Best purchase I ever made and NO REGRETS!

Oh yeah, before Mr. T gets on here. GET THE 15 degree hull!!!!!!!

5. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    hey darryl
    does your seaark have a live well and a bait well and what gallon are they, are you running a 2 or 4 stroke and what type engine.

6. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

I have a side console model. The baitwell is 9.5 gal and the livewell is 40 gallon, though I think depending on the configuration you can get the 60 gal livewell on the 20 footers.

Seems I remember some confusion from Bass Pro on the exact capacity of their livewell on the Big Cat model, not sure.

The motor on mine is a 2 stroke 90hp Yamaha and it has plenty of power I think and I fish the Mississippi River.

The baitwells on all of these models suck. They will work well for bluegill etc. but shad, herring etc are going to die en masse. Your best option for a dependable baitwell is an aftermarket Grayline or Blue Water Bait tank etc. The Striper model from SeaArk has this as an option but I don't know if it's easily removable or anything for cleaning.

Basically the problem with stock bait tanks is there is not any filtration, amongst other things.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The 90 will do well. but when loaded, You would be better off with as close to max HP as you can get.
    My War-Eagle 2072 with a Suzuki 140 4-stroke gets 8.33 MPG ( 3 gallons and 25 miles. that is with 3 people, 18 gallons of gas 30 gallon bait well and 3 group 29 battery's and a boat load of sinkers rods and other stuff.
    That is why I say max the Hp. I know a guy with a 20ft john with a 90 and gets 4 1/2. MPG also I run 35 MPH and only turning 4000 RPM's Max is 6200 that is where I get the good fuel millage.
    Pete

8. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    darryl the big cat also has a 9 gallon bait well, but i also agree with you on the usefulness of a bait well with no fillter. thanks for all the info