Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a kayak guy, so when the water and air temp combined don't make 120, my season is pretty much done. Every catfish I caught this year was caught in the Patuxent River in MD. Here's all the notable ones this year, including one that was missing its right eye and half of its upper jaw. Biggest 2 of the year were 33 and 30 lbs. I will still fish if i get another warm day, we shall see.

Water Sky Cloud Fisherman Fish
Water Sky Cloud Fish Tree
Water Vertebrate Sky Fisherman Fish
Vertebrate Water Fish Fisherman Ray-finned fish
Water Fisherman Fish Salmon-like fish Sky
Vertebrate Hat Shorts Mammal Sky
Water Sky Cloud Fish Tree
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Water Glasses Sky Cloud Muscle
Sky Water Boat Seafood Fish
Water Sky Cloud Fin Fish

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I release almost all fish I catch. I did a fish fry for the folks I work with back in September and I kept a lot of fish under 10 pounds for that. In Maryland, the blue cat is an invasive species and the DNR promotes keeping all blue cats caught but it isn't a rule so I don't do it because I'm not gonna kill a trophy fish just because I caught it. I don't personally believe that the presence of the catfish is any more detrimental to the crab and oyster populations in the chesapeake than any other fish and that human consumption is the biggest detriment in my opinion. I think the blue cats are just integrated into the food chain now. One sad rule here is that any record blue cat must be killed to be counted as a record. They won't let you release it if you want it to be recognized.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts